*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Soldato
How do you guys decide ‘what to do’ in this game?

I’m around 10-12 hours into the game and not really sure what I should be doing.

I think the last main quest I was given was the quest with all the photos. I’m supposed to find the locations and take a picture of it.

I also I have the quest to visit the 4 villages.....should I just be heading for these now? I only have 5 hearts at the moment and seem to keep dying CONSTANTLY. I’ve been trying to get to the village that is on the bottom left of the map but so far I just keep getting stuck in valleys lol.

Soldato
You can do them in any order really but that one isn't the easiest! I think I went to the east one first.

Do you mean the lost memories? I think I left those until I knew more about the map.

Try experimenting with cooking for more hearts. They are not permanent but they will help you early on.

Soldato
I'm just wandering aimlessly really looking for shrines. Question for someone who is either very far in or completed maybe regarding an enemy I came across.

It was a centurian type thing that fired ice arrows at me, seemed to have very long LOS and took all 5 of my hearts in one shot. Is this one of those named monsters like the random rock monster I came across? Didn't get close enough to find out.

Caporegime
I'm just wandering aimlessly really looking for shrines. Question for someone who is either very far in or completed maybe regarding an enemy I came across.

It was a centurian type thing that fired ice arrows at me, seemed to have very long LOS and took all 5 of my hearts in one shot. Is this one of those named monsters like the random rock monster I came across? Didn't get close enough to find out.

That is a Lynel :D don't worry. You'll get better at fighting them. They're a nightmare at first hehe. My recommendation is to run away right now!

Have you been to hateno village? That could be a good place to start processing the story and give you some direction :)

Soldato
I’m finding this quite hard tbh. Enjoying it but dying a lot my weapons keep breaking. I need to work out cooking and weapons as I have spent too long just wandering and exploring.....

Soldato
That is a Lynel :D don't worry. You'll get better at fighting them. They're a nightmare at first hehe. My recommendation is to run away right now!

Have you been to hateno village? That could be a good place to start processing the story and give you some direction :)

Actually on my way there which is where I encountered spoiler thing. Thanks for the info

Agree the weapon thing is annoying moogleys.
I'd imagine there is somewhere you can buy more durable weapons later (I hope)

Man of Honour
I’m finding this quite hard tbh. Enjoying it but dying a lot my weapons keep breaking. I need to work out cooking and weapons as I have spent too long just wandering and exploring.....

It's ok, the game becomes stupidly easy after the early game is done.

I really enjoyed the difficulty early on but the balance skews massively in your favour around 20 hours in which spoiled the game a bit for me. That's about the point you can beat those monsters without ever being hit, and not dying in one shot even if you do.

It then becomes more about exploring and messing around with the physics rather than combat and surviving. I learned to love this part of the game but I really didn't like the change at the time.

You never get very durable weapons because it's such an integral part of the game, but you will never come close to running out of them after a certain point.

Man of Honour
I'm going to get Mario for my birthday in just over a week. I want to wrap Zelda before I do that. I have a few shrines not done but may leave them to mop up afterwards. From when you head off to the castle how long does the Ganon end game typically take? I don't have much time spare. Is it much longer than a divine beast? I'm pretty well tooled up but not maxed all my armour. Cheers

Associate
I'm going to get Mario for my birthday in just over a week. I want to wrap Zelda before I do that. I have a few shrines not done but may leave them to mop up afterwards. From when you head off to the castle how long does the Ganon end game typically take? I don't have much time spare. Is it much longer than a divine beast? I'm pretty well tooled up but not maxed all my armour. Cheers

Hmmm, depends how you choose to play...

The castle isn't a dungeon really and exploring it is optional (but would recommend you do as there may be some... interesting things to be found).

If you make use of your abilities and climb a bit, you can reach the boss within just a few minutes.

Man of Honour
Hmmm, depends how you choose to play...

The castle isn't a dungeon really and exploring it is optional (but would recommend you do as there may be some... interesting things to be found).

If you make use of your abilities and climb a bit, you can reach the boss within just a few minutes.

Just wrapped it

I think I missed a lot of the castle but it was fun. Great game! Mario on Saturday so happy days.

Soldato
I really hope the next dlc is as big as some games DLCs have been! Horizons new one, or the dlc the witcher received offered great value. Fingers crossed nintendo does us proud

Caporegime
We know there will be a dungeon. lets hope its a big one. And that it is a continuation of the story. But if you have 100%'d the map I can only image they will have the extend the current map?

Soldato
We know there will be a dungeon. lets hope its a big one. And that it is a continuation of the story. But if you have 100%'d the map I can only image they will have the extend the current map?

Oh cool didn't realise anything had been said on it so happy to hear a dungeon is happening! Good stuff!

Yea have to believe it will be a new area either off this map or completely separate. Never a fan of expansions that exist in the current content, feels lazy!

Caporegime
Oh cool didn't realise anything had been said on it so happy to hear a dungeon is happening! Good stuff!

Yea have to believe it will be a new area either off this map or completely separate. Never a fan of expansions that exist in the current content, feels lazy!
Yeah it was announced at some point I think. Either way we know a dungeon is coming. And some footage showed a few seconds of story, post Ganon.

Caporegime
But we don't know if it's an actual dungeon or one of the terrible divine beasts puzzle "dungeons".
Indeed we don't. Thats the big question. Although they did outright call it a "dungeon" so I am hoping for the former :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom