Sportcontact 6's - do they wear out quickly?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm that's not strictly true for all tyres though :p

Michelin have typically outlasted the competition in the dry and outperformed them.

Soldato
My CSC5's are just about done after only 12k miles, so it seems it's not just the 6's that are made of cheese.

*edit*

Also, @DannyW how much were the PS4s? They're the exact sizes I need. Debating if these are really worth the extra over £200 extra over Yoko V105S. I'd prefer AS3s but they don't appear to come in 225/40/19

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@Spunkey my thoughts exactly. Want the AS3, but no sizes for the fronts and I don't want mismatched front/rears, hence looking at the ps4s.
Except mine are still the BMW OEM RFTs which are noisy and terrible lol.

Associate
My Continental Sport Contact 5s have still got about 3.5mm on the fronts, even after 20k which doesn't seem terrible on a 220ps front drive hatch. Looking at PS4 or F1 AS3 next so if either wear better than the CS5 then I'm in for a treat!

Associate
Yeh In summer but what about winter?
Well, part of the reason winter tyres grip on snow/ice is that the compound is softer than most summer tyres. So that's a good thing.

P.S you guys can save yourself a keystroke by not putting an unnecessary apostrophe in for your plurals. Awful to read it; I'm sorry but it is awful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom