What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Well that's a bit **** considering the faff you had with the engine, etc?
You get a decent price at least?

Yep, had 1k spent on the front suspension about 4 months ago too.

Not even had a first offer yet, but i expect quite an argument, in no rush to agree a value, going to buy what i want irrespective and i will make it known i'm prepared to drag the process out as long as needed.

Soldato
Yep, had 1k spent on the front suspension about 4 months ago too.

Not even had a first offer yet, but i expect quite an argument, in no rush to agree a value, going to buy what i want irrespective and i will make it known i'm prepared to drag the process out as long as needed.
Well that sucks! I really liked that car!

What do you think you'll go for?

Soldato
New front discs and pads. Got ATE front discs for £295 and Textar pads for £40. BMW discs were only slightly more expensive, but I really wanted the ATE ones with the zinc coating so the bell doesn't go rusty.

sU02UT3h.jpg

yy90Ix4h.jpg

Why did you go for drilled discs?

I have always been told to avoid them due to possibly cracking.
Grooved was what I was told to go for.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You were told wrong.

Drilled discs are standard on M cars and plenty of other performance cars. Strangely they were only not standard in the USA, but that is the USA.

Soldato
Why did you go for drilled discs?

I have always been told to avoid them due to possibly cracking.
Grooved was what I was told to go for.

They're just what all M cars come with as standard. I have heard people say that drilled discs can get cracks propagating from the holes, but I haven't ever seen this on road car (it just doesn't happen on the road) and it's even quite rare on track cars.

Soldato
They're just what all M cars come with as standard. I have heard people say that drilled discs can get cracks propagating from the holes, but I haven't ever seen this on road car (it just doesn't happen on the road) and it's even quite rare on track cars.

Fair enough, my car came with drilled. And they warped. So went for grooved

Soldato
I think I know the answer but I wonder what people think.

If I were to get my C30 remapped by Volvo with the Polestar map, technically an official software that can be bought as an option. Would it need to be declare to insurance as a modification to the car?

I'd say depending on insurer.. some don't classify manufacturers extras as mods, others do. So I'd give them a call and confirm.

Man of Honour

If I were to get my C30 remapped by Volvo with the Polestar map, technically an official software that can be bought as an option. Would it need to be declare to insurance as a modification to the car?

Almost certainly, yes. Whether it can be bought as an option is irrelevant as far as most insurers are concerned.

Man of Honour

I would, for the pittance it'll probably add to your yearly premium it isn't worth bothering with.

It costs me about £100 a year to insure the MX5 with +150bhp declared Vs a stock one

Soldato
As above yes and never made a massive difference to my premiums, a small % on top (seem to remember being about 10% £'s per year for an up to 25% bhp gain etc). In my case about £35 extra a year from memory

Back
Top Bottom