What watch do you wear?

Associate
I don't wear a watch. I have a couple that I've let die. I have 2 cheaper Fossil watches, a cheap brown leather and white face dress watch from River Island and a black Hugo Boss with black rubber strap.

I should probably at least get the Boss watch fixed but I never do because I work in construction and demolish anything fancy.

I bought my wife a Michael Kors smart watch for Christmas and I have to say that I'm impressed with it.

For the very few times I bother to wear a watch, smart dress mostly, I think maybe I'd consider a smart watch. Budget between £200-£400 unless there's good reason to go up.

So any advice????

Associate
My plan for this year is to add a B&R to my little collection however in the interim I wanted something very casual that could be worn with jeans etc so my wife kindly got me a Seiko Turtle for Christmas. Really impressed with it, I think for the price you can't beat the quality of a Seiko JDM.

Turtle.jpg

Really love the turtle and am hoping to pick myself up one at some point. Don't see many of them in leather straps but this combo looks really good. Is that a Geckota strap?

Soldato
Decided to treat myself to a decent watch, something i can wear daily to work, style wise i like the look of this -

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/dive/c60-trident-bronze-pro-600-range

Prefer leather straps, ive read conflicting reports about Christopher Ward though. Budget is around the 1k mark. What would you buy? Any advice?

Ive had their catalogue on my desk for a few weeks with the bronze on the front. It's really growing on me, love the webbing strap too, just not sure if the logo placement annoys me or not.

Soldato
Decided to treat myself to a decent watch, something i can wear daily to work, style wise i like the look of this -

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/dive/c60-trident-bronze-pro-600-range

Prefer leather straps, ive read conflicting reports about Christopher Ward though. Budget is around the 1k mark. What would you buy? Any advice?

I got the Titanium C60 Trident for my Xmas, https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c60-trident-titanium-pro-600-1-6

Being my first expensive watch I can't comment too much on it apart from how it looks.

It was well packed and presented, the black on grey stealthy look has grown on me. It's lightweight without feeling cheap and is finished off well.

The downside is the lume, being stealthy has impacted on the lume. It's there but not great...

The Bronze trident looks really nice.

Apparently the watch comes with 60day no quibble return and 60 month warranty, which made it easier to buy for me. I'm keeping it though :)

Soldato
After wanting one for over a year and struggling to find one ive finally managed to secure myself a Tudor Black Bay Bronze

Cant wait to pick it up next week!! :D

Associate
Spotted a Hamilton Ventura a couple weeks ago and now I keep thinking it would be a nice addition to my collection (mainly Seikos). Anyone got one and have any thoughts about it? Basically, does the odd shape just get in the way too much?

Associate
My NOMOS Ahoi Atlantik is off for repair (cosmetic damage). Hoping it won't be too expensive :(

In the meantime, the space on my wrist feels weird and none of my other watches seem adequate. Perhaps it is time for another purchase...

Back
Top Bottom