What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Those front discs are a bit optimistic on a 400 aren't they? :D

Lovely little bike, will probably get one as a commuter at some point.
That's the era of 'properly' built 400's, as they were the biggest sized bikes used in Japan they were built to the same levels as our 600 bikes. The brakes on the later CB400 models are full twin 4-pot calipers, basically the same calipers as the SP2 and firestorm of the same era!!

Looks pretty clean for the money you paid @The_Abyss :cool::D

Soldato
Looks pretty clean for the money you paid @The_Abyss :cool::D

Yeah, I think I got quite lucky. The engine is great once warmed up, and there doesn't appear to be anything significantly wrong with it - it really purrs. Gearbox is smooth, clutch is ok if a little high, brakes are reasonable, suspension is unsophisticated but works. I'm quite sure the headlight will be pants at night, but I won't be riding it then.

It feels so small and naked compared to the XR! I'm actually rather fond of it already.

Associate
Finally finished the following on my SV650s after 2 weeks of ups and downs

Front springs to Hyperpro progressive
Fork oil and dust seals
Head bearings
Front and rear braided lines
Front and rear caliper rebuild

It feels like a new bike! It feels little light on the front end though, not sure if I've tightened the steering stem enough...

Caporegime
Yeah, I think I got quite lucky. The engine is great once warmed up, and there doesn't appear to be anything significantly wrong with it - it really purrs. Gearbox is smooth, clutch is ok if a little high, brakes are reasonable, suspension is unsophisticated but works. I'm quite sure the headlight will be pants at night, but I won't be riding it then.

It feels so small and naked compared to the XR! I'm actually rather fond of it already.

Did you ride it to work today by any chance?

Caporegime
No, I rarely ride to work unless it is summer. The journey is too short to make it worth strapping on all my gear.

Ah fair enough, went to pick up my wife today and someone had exactly your bike parked in the car park (Hammersmith Road). Never seen it before so thought it might be you given that these bikes are fairly uncommon.

Soldato
Got a camrea for my helmet. Had £40 in vouchers for Amazon and found this one with waterproof case and mountings etc. Once I used sugru to make a mount on the chin of the helmet it's been pretty good for what it is

Soldato
Upgraded from the Navigator 5 to the Navigator 6. The screen is higher resolution, brighter with less glare and the unit is generally quicker to respond. There are a few other features as well, such as better more varied turning instructions that means I might finally link it up to my headset to listen to it. I still wish TomTom had an integrated nav for BMW though. And no, that's not my address!

H5eKa68.jpg

Soldato
Can you guys get Woolich stuff out there? i'd highly recommend them, had the Race tools and reflash done on the R1 and it's transformed the bike.

My first flash was with Woolich software, it couldn't touch decel mappings though which sucked as these things slam on the brakes when you let off.

Main reason for FTECU is the throttle mappings, the throttle on this bike sucks ass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom