PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Man of Honour
Can confirm from playing with Steedie today. Sometimes killcam might make innocent players look like aimbotters, but we we’re killed last night 100% by aimbotters. MerlinBrah is my ingame name.

Checked all the players that killed you guys today, only one looked suspicious from their stats.

I'm sure you encountered a cheater or two, but Steedie saying he ran into 4 in a row seems a stretch.

TPP is a different kettle of fish, but I've probably played almost 500 hours of FPP now and can only confidently name one cheater which I did recently. Before someone suggest it's because of elo, I'm currently ranked #1500 (highest #300) and have a 22% win rate with 2.8 K/D which is likely higher than most on here, yet I still consider myself OK at best.

It's just my experience from playing CS competitively that people from public matchmaking cry cheats far too often.

Soldato
You don't need to have played competitive cs to know some people cry cheat more than they should, but it is a fact that this game is absolutely flooded with them and bluehole don't do a great deal about it. One of the public recoil hacks from the early version still work, person still not banned and using it fine.

I have just had a week off work and have been playing this quite a lot (tpp) I have come across 6 blatant cheaters in the past 3 days. This isn't me throwing my toys out, all getting killed from half way across the map with players just shooting randomly in the air.

Soldato
Checked all the players that killed you guys today, only one looked suspicious from their stats.

I'm sure you encountered a cheater or two, but Steedie saying he ran into 4 in a row seems a stretch.

TPP is a different kettle of fish, but I've probably played almost 500 hours of FPP now and can only confidently name one cheater which I did recently. Before someone suggest it's because of elo, I'm currently ranked #1500 (highest #300) and have a 22% win rate with 2.8 K/D which is likely higher than most on here, yet I still consider myself OK at best.

It's just my experience from playing CS competitively that people from public matchmaking cry cheats far too often.
I no longer trust stats to prove/disprove hacks. Saw a couple recently, blatant cheating but stars looked normal(ish) I'm working on the assumption more and more people re getting fed up being killed by hackers so are resorting to it themselves, thus the normal looking stats.
I often use WarZ as a comparison, at one point virtually every one was playing with a hack of some kind. Now I doubt they all started off as hackers, probably a high % started off as 'normal' players and progressed to hacking as they got fed up being aimbot fodder, so you could be seeing a similar pattern here. It would account for the normal looking stats on some.

No recoil seems to be the most prevalent. There'll be plenty of folk think 'sod it, every other ****** seems to have no recoil I might as well, after all it's not 'really' a proper hack'

But that's just my own guess.

Btw how do you see what your actual position in the leaderboards is now as opposed to that daft % thing?

Soldato
I no longer trust stats to prove/disprove hacks. Saw a couple recently, blatant cheating but stars looked normal(ish) I'm working on the assumption more and more people re getting fed up being killed by hackers so are resorting to it themselves, thus the normal looking stats.
I often use WarZ as a comparison, at one point virtually every one was playing with a hack of some kind. Now I doubt they all started off as hackers, probably a high % started off as 'normal' players and progressed to hacking as they got fed up being aimbot fodder, so you could be seeing a similar pattern here. It would account for the normal looking stats on some.

No recoil seems to be the most prevalent. There'll be plenty of folk think 'sod it, every other ****** seems to have no recoil I might as well, after all it's not 'really' a proper hack'

But that's just my own guess.

Btw how do you see what your actual position in the leaderboards is now as opposed to that daft % thing?

pubg.op.gg

Soldato
Rubber banding might be gone, but the lag at the start is still pretty bad. I jumped into one of the boxing rings in a squad last night and it took me about 3 attempts to pick up a Scar. I know I hit reload and ran up some stairs, a guy there, I pull the trigger 'click click click' and he turns and shoots me in the face :( Very annoying.

Soldato
@Shimmy - the hacker I've got on film was from the day before yesterday, I was only in two of Steedie's games last night. However the suspect one for my last night look more like No Recoil, which as @Thekwango says almost seems like a half-way-house in the cheating scale of things; for those who are trying to trick their pals. However I'm not too fussed about the one from last night, as no-recoil or not, I simply wasn't good enough to shoot him.

The problem is with checking stats, is that a) no stat site is even particularly close to being correct as far as I'm aware, and b) A lot of these cheaters are God awful at gaming, yet still try to make it look like they're not cheating.

The majority of kill cams I've seen from cheaters show how horrifically obvious their cheating is. However, the majority of examples I have seen seem to include the cheater initially trying to take some shots at their target manually, and only making the cheats active when they don't seem to feel confident enough in winning that exchange. So having an expectation that cheaters should have otherworldly stats is a bit unrealistic.

Man of Honour
@MoNkeE I'm not disputing that people run into cheaters, I just strongly doubt running into 4 in one night playing FPP nevermind in a row. TPP yeah, cheaters are rife.

How are you guys identifying no recoil scripts? The deathcams are super buggy and can't be relied on, if you're getting full auto sprayed to death from 150m+ fair enough.

pubg.op.gg is literally the most accurate method of checking any stats in this game right now. When looking at stats the easiest markers are consistently high HS% and average damage (600+), then also check their numbers from previous seasons to see if they suddenly became a god.

Associate
@MoNkeE I'm not disputing that people run into cheaters, I just strongly doubt running into 4 in one night playing FPP nevermind in a row. TPP yeah, cheaters are rife.

How are you guys identifying no recoil scripts? The deathcams are super buggy and can't be relied on, if you're getting full auto sprayed to death from 150m+ fair enough.

pubg.op.gg is literally the most accurate method of checking any stats in this game right now. When looking at stats the easiest markers are consistently high HS% and average damage (600+), then also check their numbers from previous seasons to see if they suddenly became a god.

I wouldn't agree with that, some of the cheats that I've seen in TPP have really really bad stats but were obviously cheating (tracking through terrain/buildings etc). It very much depends on the type of cheat people are using and its configuration.

Cheating does seem less on FPP, however, lots of reports/videos also doing the rounds of people blatantly cheating in that too. I just wish I could play FPP without it making me feel sick :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Shimmy, I'm no where near good enough at the game to get salty about being killed. I'm used to it, so half the time I don't even watch the death cam as I just accept that I'm turd and it was my mistake/lack of skill that got me killed.

However last night, as far fetched as it seems, I'm convinced 4 kills were from cheaters. Buggy death cam or not, I fail to see how someone aiming at the opposite end of Rozhok, and just shooting for fun, and getting two kills one of which was me, who was virtually behind him in terms of position on the map...as blatant as it gets.

The other two are no recoil ones, as MoNkeE mentioned. One he experienced, and a second one was at the start of the game in Pecado, guy jumps off the roof of the motel and hip fires mid air at me with a mini uzi, watching the death cam, his crosshair doesn't even move. And I was a fare distance away, the other end of the motel closest to the petrol station. Now, this was within 30 seconds of landing so I doubt he had time to get a mini uzi and all the goodies to help with accuracy and recoil, and even if he did, that gun is a nightmare when hip firing so it just seemed too perfect.

The other I'm willing to accept was a possible death cam glitch, the guy shot me through a wall while hiding in a building next to a window. Likely just a death cam glitch, but at the time after 3 likely cheaters, I was angry enough to not want to give him the benefit of the doubt

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm wondering if you guys can help. I bought PUBG earlier this week and it is borderline unplayable because I'll get at least 1 crash per round.

Thread here - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/random-crashes.18796055/

It is an oldish thread because it started with FFXIV (which I don't play anymore but could fix by playing in DX9 mode and it was much less frequent anyway). I don't think it's necessarily to do with PUGB (even though everything else I play seems to be fine) but any ideas would be most helpful.

I'm going to format and reinstall at the weekend but is there anything else I can try first?

Soldato
You really need to do some hardware diagnosis. Try running with half the RAM for instance, then the other half and see if that's stable. See if you can borrow a friends graphics card. If not, full deletion of your motherboard drivers and install either the latest version or a different version.

Caporegime
i dont get why they dont just set ping limit to 150 for euro servers . thats 90 percent of the cheaters gone instantly for us. usa can still get in aswell.

Back
Top Bottom