What game did you play last?

Associate
Played Game of Thrones Risk with some friends a few weeks ago. Absolutely hated it... Until I got into it but sadly lost. It ended up my mate vs his girlfriend though so I made sure to sabotage him before I lost haha.

Soldato
Finally actually managed to finish one of our 'annual before the Superbowl, Game of Thrones' games. I won last year and the year before, this year three of us tied on 4 castles and I came third on the tie breaker. Took us 4 hours and 15 minutes and I actually had a headache by the end! Good fun though.

Soldato
Got a long session in yesterday. Nobody turned up for the Family Gaming event so myself and a friend sat down to Kanagawa, Barenpark, Pocket Mars and a couple of rounds of The Game (lost the first, won the second). In the regular evening event I played Otys - interesting, but I think I prefer Colony - and Civilization: A New Dawn before calling it early as I didn't have a lift home.

Soldato
Does Poker count? Otherwise I don't remember, maybe Monopoly.

Get thee to a gamery. There's so much out there to see, and gamers will almost always be willing to teach.

In the meantime you can proxy up Kobayakawa with 32 coins or chips and a standard deck of cards. Take out the suit of diamonds, the ace of spades and the joker. Cards have their printed value except the court cards are 11-13, the ace of spades is 14 and the joker is 0.

The rules are simple: each player (the game plays three to six) gets 4 coins to start, and there are 8 coins in the bank.

In a round each player is dealt a card face down and one card is dealt face up in the centre. The bank puts 1 coin into the pot as the ante. Players in order from the dealer choose whether to replace the centre card with the top of the deck, or to draw the top card face down and discard either it or the card they held face up. Once everyone has done this once, players again in order from the dealer choose whether to match the ante or fold.

If more than one player matched the ante, they have a showdown. The player with the lowest card adds the value of the centre card to his own card. High total wins the pot. Ties break in favour of the player who acted earliest in the round. The winner then becomes the new dealer.

Play six rounds in this fashion, then a final round with a 2 coin ante. In the last round you can still play if you only have 1 coin. Whoever has the most coins after the seventh round wins.

Associate
RBNes.jpg

Gotta love an Amazon bug, this all cost 23 Euros instead of 84! So tonights gaming will be ricochet robots and 7 wonders duel :)

Last edited:
Associate
Image was from dropbox, not sure why it is showing for me but not everyone else :/ any suggestions?

Games are 3 exit games, 7 wonders duel and ricochet robots.
There was some discount thing on the German amazon 10 euros or near enough off every game, which also stayed if u had two items then removed one, so got ricochet robots for 9 euros instead of 29. but friend didn't know the stacking bug so didnt repeat it for other games. shame could have saved even more. They seem to have stopped it now though, it was limited by the time we finished ordering.

Associate
It was originally drop box and i tried to do the code embedding and change to imgur but that also didnt work.

played ricochet robots though this evening, great game, just as good as i remember

Soldato
Fallout

Random Hex tiles (think Settlers of Catan), long quest chains (Think Charterstone), Being S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and fighting random monsters.

Not finished the 1st game yet due to constant rule reading (not everything is explained fully) but am really enjoying it so far.
Based on Fallout 4 so some nice touches. HP and Rads work the same way Red Dragon Inn works its Alcohol and Stamina (when they cross, you are out pretty much).
I paid a bit of a premium to get this as everywhere is currently sold out. Worth £50 though, possibly more if there are ever expansions.

8/10

Soldato
Helping out at a new student group on Friday. Played two rounds of The Resistance, three of Werewolf, and a six-player game of Dream Home.

The regular Sunday group saw a first outing for Sub Terra which the other guy who had played it liked more when he realised they'd been making a hard game even harder for themselves; Evolution, which went horribly wrong for me because it was a new copy and the deck hadn't been shuffled properly; and Master of Orion, which in a great demonstration of how different strategies can work ended with two players breaking ties and me one point back.

Soldato
Played Gaslands last night, another of the Osprey series rulesets, this one for car wars style racing. Play on a 4'x4', grab some Hot wheels/Matchbox cars, throw down some Post Apoc/Dystopian scenery, decide scenario and play. Extremely simple and fast to play and a huge amount of fun was had by all (we played a 4-way death race and then a team capture the flag).

The released book has a few errors in it but Mike on the Gaslands.com forums answers and corrects rule questions quickly and is constantly updating the errata/faq as soon as anyone flags anything.

This one is one we're going to keep playing for a while and I'm really looking forward to modding some Hot Wheels for a more 'Mad Max' look ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom