The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
To be fair that's a lot better than most of the new builds the garden doesnt seem overlooked and is a good size all the new builds we looked at had good internals just the garden was so overlooked all the time one place even had a two tier garden that had a 5 foot drop from One tier to the other on the higher tier you where visible to road traffic

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/63383569

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Mortgage has now been agreed by the bank pending their valuation. Feels like we are moving forwards now

This is the "soulless box" that we have bought. I know a lot aren't keen on new builds but this ticks all the boxes. Tried finding older cottages / houses but there just weren't any that didn't need a lot of work doing that I don't have the funds for

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60385774.html?premiumA=true
Its good that you like it, and i mean this in an entirely isolated fashion, but wow at 1135ft for a 4 bed house. This is all that is wrong in this country with selling houses by bedroom count.

Associate
Not long after posting that I had a call from the estate agent to say that the house the vendor was looking to buy has been reserved by someone else

Apparently they are actively looking for somewhere else but who knows if they will find anything within a sensible timeframe

Associate
Exchange didnt happen yet for myself which just added to the stress of things!

Hopefully managed to bottom this out and it should now happen early next week

Soldato
Exchange didnt happen yet for myself which just added to the stress of things!

Hopefully managed to bottom this out and it should now happen early next week
This is always the worst as you just want it locked in. I am sure it will go through though and all will be well with the world again.

Soldato
That's irritating, we're still waiting for our searches to come back, i've contacted the solicitor to see if the person doing the searches has a date set to do them, no response as yet. Just going to keep nagging.

Soldato
Pipe down, how is it an inane question? I'm paying them for a service and I see no issue in requesting an update to the conveyancing process. Which they have now provided.

Soldato
I would actually agree that chasing is worth while. The people we were buying from "Assumed" their solicitor had started the searches as they had taken payment for it. 4 weeks later they called and found out the Solicitor hadn't even started them yet and did once a fire was lit up their ass.

If I am paying for a service ill damn well chase as much as I want if I do not think I am getting the right answers or it is not progressing fast enough.

Soldato
If I am paying for a service ill damn well chase as much as I want if I do not think I am getting the right answers or it is not progressing fast enough.
That's all well and good, but let's say they have 60 active cases and the estate agent and client on half of them ring up one day, that's 2+ hours of the day gone where absolutely no progress was made on a single one of those cases. And that's assuming it's a quick phone call, which they normally aren't!

Obviously that's an exaggeration in terms of number of calls but it's not unusual for me to spend 1-2 hours a day on the phone going through completely run of the mill calls that consist of explaining that things are exactly the same as they were 2 days ago when you last called , I can't magic a chain into being ready and I can't tell you what date everything will sorted. I get that it's a stressful time and hard to have such a lack of control, but it really doesn't help most of the time.

My dad is currently having an absolute nightmare with his move. He, his buyer and his seller have been ready to exchange for the last 2 weeks and at the last minute someone down the chain had the finance for their deposit mess up so they are trying to arrange an alternative (as far as I'm aware, all I get is 3rd party info because it's none of my business up at the other end of the chain) and it sucks. I can see it from both sides of the fence and that's just how it goes sometimes unfortunately.

Soldato
That's all well and good, but let's say they have 60 active cases and the estate agent and client on half of them ring up one day, that's 2+ hours of the day gone where absolutely no progress was made on a single one of those cases. And that's assuming it's a quick phone call, which they normally aren't!

And? They have Paralegals for this kind of thing. I would not expect to speak to the solicitor directly unless it was urgent or something a paralegal could not answer. The state of my searches is something they can answer very quickly.

Soldato

Obviously that's an exaggeration in terms of number of calls but it's not unusual for me to spend 1-2 hours a day on the phone going through completely run of the mill calls that consist of explaining that things are exactly the same as they were 2 days ago when you last called , I can't magic a chain into being ready and I can't tell you what date everything will sorted. I get that it's a stressful time and hard to have such a lack of control, but it really doesn't help most of the time.

My dad is currently having an absolute nightmare with his move. He, his buyer and his seller have been ready to exchange for the last 2 weeks and at the last minute someone down the chain had the finance for their deposit mess up so they are trying to arrange an alternative (as far as I'm aware, all I get is 3rd party info because it's none of my business up at the other end of the chain) and it sucks. I can see it from both sides of the fence and that's just how it goes sometimes unfortunately.

Bloody hell, all I said was that I was going to ask for an update on the searches, I don't see how it deserves a three parafrapa reply haha.

For the record, it's all done online, I log into the portal, post the question and one of the legal team responds.

Soldato
We have some sensitive people on the forums :eek:
Andi.
Not really, just irks me when people think the solution is to ring every day when in reality that has the opposite effect of what people are trying to do.

I can't think of many (any) other services where people think that's appropriate behaviour? I don't place an order a product online and contact the retailer every day to see when it's getting picked off the shelf and then contact the courier every day to see when they are picking it up from them etc..

People are exceptionally quick to say conveyancers are **** but actually few are! It's mostly down to a lack of knowledge about the process on the part of the buyer. Maybe people will prefer it when e-conveyancing becomes the norm and then they can experience the same delays but with even less ability to do anything about it. Would certainly make my life easier :)

Inb4 Two Tall gets mad I've written more than a 1 line reply.

Soldato
Not really, just irks me when people think the solution is to ring every day when in reality that has the opposite effect of what people are trying to do.

I can't think of many (any) other services where people think that's appropriate behaviour? I don't place an order a product online and contact the retailer every day to see when it's getting picked off the shelf and then contact the courier every day to see when they are picking it up from them etc..

People are exceptionally quick to say conveyancers are **** but actually few are! It's mostly down to a lack of knowledge about the process on the part of the buyer. Maybe people will prefer it when e-conveyancing becomes the norm and then they can experience the same delays but with even less ability to do anything about it. Would certainly make my life easier :)

Inb4 Two Tall gets mad I've written more than a 1 line reply.
Lol as I said too sensitive, his actions are having no effect on you.
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom