The New Intellimouse

Associate
Has anyone tried it ?

Just noticed they started selling it again. It was popular back in the day but not sure how it will stand up against modern mice.

Soldato
For gaming, unknown. Angle snapping? Max speed? Acceleration? Lift off distance? Latency? That kind of thing.

For general usage, probably same old. Ergonomics is the most important, and that's basically the same mouse.

Associate
It's a good office mouse which is what it's been designed/marketed as. But if you look on oc.net it's max tracking is stupidly low even for fairly high sens players. I think it's worse then the originals 1.5 MPS

Associate
I have been tempted but the reasons mentioned make me stall. I owned a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 Mouse (Silver) back in the day and it was awesome.

Nowadays the same used or new Explorer 3.0 mice are going for silly money.

Ridiculous when I picked up a used office Microsoft Intellimouse USB Optical Mouse for £13.00 the other day.

It makes me think twice, especially when my trusty Logitech G400 still works brilliantly. I am curious as to how it stands up today as a casual gamer.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's a good office mouse which is what it's been designed/marketed as. But if you look on oc.net it's max tracking is stupidly low even for fairly high sens players. I think it's worse then the originals 1.5 MPS

What is your definition of stupidly low?

Associate
What is your definition of stupidly low?

There's people with 20cm/360 being left looking at the floor/sky. The original didn't malfunction in this way. It just showed as negative acceleration. I guess if you're in the sub 10cm/360 range it may be a good fit. But the original was fine when I used it at 30cm/360 granted you still had to baby your turn speed.

If you're not going to settle for one of the clones (DA/EC1) then here is a mod from from BST so you can drop a decent sensor in there

https://youtu.be/nyb6M89QrWI

I'm a little surprised about this launch. It's a wired office mouse which of course is fine but then behind sold for £40. I guess we'll see it for around £25 at some point which is more where it should be. I'll pick one up then and mod it

Ocuk are marketing it as a "gaming mouse" they really need to change that. Ms aren't listing it as such and they will be getting a lot of returns from all but extremely high sens gamers

Last edited:
Soldato
There's people with 20cm/360 being left looking at the floor/sky. The original didn't malfunction in this way. It just showed as negative acceleration. I guess if you're in the sub 10cm/360 range it may be a good fit. But the original was fine when I used it at 30cm/360 granted you still had to baby your turn speed.

If you're not going to settle for one of the clones (DA/EC1) then here is a mod from from BST so you can drop a decent sensor in there

I'm a little surprised about this launch. It's a wired office mouse which of course is fine but then behind sold for £40. I guess we'll see it for around £25 at some point which is more where it should be. I'll pick one up then and mod it

Ocuk are marketing it as a "gaming mouse" they really need to change that. Ms aren't listing it as such and they will be getting a lot of returns from all but extremely high sens gamers

In typical Microsoft fashion, they have borked it up. I'm not sure there is that much of a market for premium office mice that is, in reality, quite basic, but for the gaming market (which it's rubbish at), there were plenty of interest getting a new updated IME3.

It will eventually get priced-dropped, and soon after, disappear off the shelves, me-think.

I'm starting to think the time of their WMO1.1a / IME3.0 / IMO1.1a lines were somewhat a fluke. They did make decent keyboards, FFB wheels, and flight sticks at the time too.

Associate

Wow, hadn't realised the 'spin out' was so low on this mouse - seems crazy given the original didn't even do it to this degree...

Don
Today was the first time I've had the chance to use my mum's mouse.

It's a real nice mouse for desktop use.

Can't comment on the gaming side, but she loves it and it's very comfortable.

The scroll wheel is is perfect for web browsing, a nice middle click to it.

Soldato
I have a couple of intellimouse 1s, one black, one white, knocking around somewhere. Good mice. I used them for years.

I use a Death Adder 3.5G. It's a better mouse.

Back
Top Bottom