Ghost S1 Kickstarter launching 29/11/17

Soldato
Second time backing this, looking forward to the final product.
Really hope they show off more builds and custom water cooling soon.

Associate
OP
I snagged two of these, will decide which colour I want when it arrives and bay the other. I've purchased a NH-L12 cooler now as they are EOL, but for now I'll sit back and see what new tech arrives around the time I get my hands on the Ghost.

Soldato
Louqe seem to have followed through with getting samples out to youtubers. This was just posted earlier, hopefully there will be a follow up video. Not convinced about his colour choice.

Associate
I snagged two of these, will decide which colour I want when it arrives and bay the other. I've purchased a NH-L12 cooler now as they are EOL, but for now I'll sit back and see what new tech arrives around the time I get my hands on the Ghost.

If it's anything like the DAN case I wouldn't be surprised if you doubled you're money on the 1 you sell.

Associate
If it's anything like the DAN case I wouldn't be surprised if you doubled you're money on the 1 you sell.

Didn't think about selling. I cancelled my early bird pledge as I decided it was really a bit too indulgent. Something I want more than I need. Guess I could've made some money out of it if I hadn't cancelled, but I suppose someone else gets to own one now instead of me profiteering.

Soldato
Just incase anyone missed on the Kickstarter, they've sent out an email today and are going to make another batch available to preorder:
Dear friends and fans!

We have been getting hundreds of requests to jump on the “Ghost-train” since the Kickstarter campaign ended. We have discussed the possibility to do a “slacker backer” run, to allow more of you into the very first batch of Ghosts and be among the first in the world to enjoy the Ghost. We will treat you as “backers”, ambassadors, and advisors. This means that we are hoping for your engagement to help us make a real difference in the market. Many other projects, add-ons, graphene cooler and material alternatives will be bounced off of you within the next couple of months. So, if you want like joining this core backer group and support the LOUQE-community we invite you to hop on! We will have a limited number of units (600) available for pre-order on our homepage, starting 2018-01-14 19:00 CET

Prices will start at €199 for the XS model and €39 for TopHats. If you are an original backer or simply fell out from the last Kickstarter campaign for any reason and deserve a better price, let us know and we will send you a personal voucher.

Cheers // TEAM LOUQE
So that's 6PM i think on Sunday night and roughly £176 or so for the XS model.

Soldato
Just incase anyone missed on the Kickstarter, they've sent out an email today and are going to make another batch available to preorder:

So that's 6PM i think on Sunday night and roughly £176 or so for the XS model.

Still to much to me. £100+ the price of 2 M top hats and I would buy.

Soldato
Went against my better judgement and ordered one in "limestone". It's a fairly extravagant purchase, but I genuinely think the modular system will ensure I'm using this through many future builds.

Associate
So now the kickstarter is over - how does one purchase these?

http://www.louqe.com/

"The Ghost S1 has been successfully funded and is now being ready for production. Many of you, who didn’t secure a Ghost during the campaign have contacted us asking to get on the Ghost hype. We are now giving you a chance do exactly that, become one of our devoted core backers and get a hold of the Ghost long before it hits the retail shelves!"

Soldato
Awesome looking bit of kit this, I considered it and thought I could maybe justify the cost of the case. But then when I remembered I'd need an mITX motherboard and SFX powersupply at minimum, and realistically I'd probably want new cpu/memory to go with that along with a NVMe SSD the price vs benefit was hiliarously bad. Maybe I'll pick one of these up when I next genuinely need a new CPU/memory setup!

Associate
Most backers should have an email from LOUQES CEO today.

Good to see OCUK are part of LOUQES 'Organic Business Network' diagram.

Not sure how I feel hearing the word molex though, as I'm not a huge fan of the connector. Wonder what project this could be for.

" o We are meeting with SIGMA today to discuss the develop of a new type of STRAIGH flat cables (very small and flexible) as a replacement of the standard PSU cables. Angled connectors where needed (PSU, SSD etc.) and cut to length. The cables can be made straight thanks to a MOLEX converter solution where the cables are modular themselves. All the pin-out realignment is happening within the MOLEX socket and the flat cables are connected to these MOLEX realignment sockets."

Soldato
Most backers should have an email from LOUQES CEO today.

Good to see OCUK are part of LOUQES 'Organic Business Network' diagram.

Not sure how I feel hearing the word molex though, as I'm not a huge fan of the connector. Wonder what project this could be for.

" o We are meeting with SIGMA today to discuss the develop of a new type of STRAIGH flat cables (very small and flexible) as a replacement of the standard PSU cables. Angled connectors where needed (PSU, SSD etc.) and cut to length. The cables can be made straight thanks to a MOLEX converter solution where the cables are modular themselves. All the pin-out realignment is happening within the MOLEX socket and the flat cables are connected to these MOLEX realignment sockets."
I'm sure on hardforum thread Patrik said they had been approached by Caseking or such during an event in Sweden towards the end of last year during their kickstarter.

Associate
Seriously considering one of these cases. Just need to check if my Strix 980 fits with the PCI connectors and if it does, I may just order.

Wonder how long delivery will be?

Soldato
Seriously considering one of these cases. Just need to check if my Strix 980 fits with the PCI connectors and if it does, I may just order.

Wonder how long delivery will be?
On "slack" they are currently saying:
Current Shipping Estimates for the Ghost S1 (As of 8th Feb): "Slight delay in the time frame - May is more likely than April"

Back
Top Bottom