What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Insured the S1000RR and MT-09. Had to go to BeMoto and have them pull lots of levers. £1400 for a 46 year old in London with 22 years no claims bonus. Folks- NEVER let any of your bikes get nicked! :D

Man of Honour
Insured the S1000RR and MT-09. Had to go to BeMoto and have them pull lots of levers. £1400 for a 46 year old in London with 22 years no claims bonus. Folks- NEVER let any of your bikes get nicked! :D

Mine was expensive this year after I wrote off my bike last year.

£600 for my MT-10 with a £380 excess but I do get back the full price I paid for for the bike, £1500 for equipment and £1500 for any clothing I damage if I do crash.

I'm happy to pay for that level of service though.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
More like... Don't buy a house in the city with highest motorcycle theft rate in the EU. :D:p

Soldato
What fluid did you have in there? Some of the higher performance fluids tend to absorb moisture and contamination quicker than a typical dot 4. Rubber lines?

Braided on the new R1s bud.

Bled the brakes, surprising to see this color after 4500miles on a 2016 bike

Turned to coffee pretty quick that, what fluid you using Ace?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Is it? I thought Paris was worse and I can't imagine the italian cities are too good :/ it is a shame the UK government seems to be doing very little about it except say "lock them to a strong anchor" which falls right into the whole victim blaming thing, shouldn't have to lock them up in the first place :/

Found this but hardly seems conclusive: https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/uk-far-worst-motorcycle-theft/
I didn't base my post on any source, more of a joke really. But UK is definitely up there when it comes to motorcycle theft related crimes...

The brake fluid could be older, no? Did you change it shortly after you bought it? I'm not sure at what stage they fill up the fluids, but could be that the fluid is older than you think. Just laying on a shelf in its packaging the fluid degrades and loses its values.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Some bikes just turn it dirty looking pretty quickly. Iirc someone posted their Ducati on here last year some time and it had turned fresh fluid black within a couple of months and it was apparently just one of those things.

Back
Top Bottom