Gigabyte X399 Aorus 7 - Not happy that I am home

Associate
Hi all,

My computer was working great before I went away, but I have just come back after 4 weeks out at sea, and now it does not work. I need some guidance.

When I turn the computer on, nothing much happens except the fans are running, 2 digit messages scrolling through and some motherboard lights.

Motherboard lights (In theory, if off, good, but I think that depends on how far it gets with the boot):

CPU - not lit
VGA - lit, and after every 4 seconds flickers of and back on very quickly.
DRAM - When VGA light flickers off for a very short period this light turns on for a very short period.
Boot - not lit

Debug LED messages (I think I have captured them all):

14 - Reserved
15 - Pre-memory north-bridge initialisation started
3E - PCH PEI initialisation
48 - can’t find in manual
65 - CPU DXE initialisation is started (I think)
67 - CPU DXE initialisation is started
92 - PCI Bus initialisation is started
C0 - Reserved

I don’t get any beep sounds.

I get nothing on my monitors. I have not got a spare graphics card, so might have to get a cheep one tomorrow. I have reseated the graphics card as well.

I have tried with just one memory dimm.

I have reset the cmos...

That’s it so far. I don’t know why it suddenly does not work (power surge when I was away?) Any ideas or suggestions?

Associate
Same here m8 sorry about ax370 just have enter in bios and apply xmp profil and was last time i see bios of board...
Just to ask which version bios u was running if you remember?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That sucks Ivo-b .....

I got the LED lights wrong:

CPU - lit, and after every 4 seconds flickers of and back on very quickly.
VGA - not lit
DRAM - When CPU light flickers off for a very short period this light turns on for a very short period.
Boot - not lit

I have tried Q-Flash plus with no luck.

Associate
OP
I had a look at this thread on the Gigabyte forum, which is the exact same problem that I was having: http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/3113/cpu-led-indicator-on-post

Before looking at that thread, I followed the motherboard manual instructions for Q-Flash plus:

Uncompress the downloaded BIOS le, save it to your USB ash drive, and rename it to GIGABYTE.bin

I noticed on the Gigabyte thread that someone mentioned that the bios file must be all in capital letters as it is case sensitive... so 'GIGABYTE.BIN' and not 'GIGABYTE.bin' as it said in the manual. So renamed it and tried it again and it worked, so my computer seems to be back to normal (Not put all my memory back in).

The question is still why it happened in the first place and why the backup bios got corrupted as well.

Associate
So after all when u insert usb to board which port some of mb at back or? And to me when i start pc my keyboard and mouse is not take power also tv is saing no signal... like they're not lighting aboute monitor im with 4ktv so only option for me is hdmi cable and DVI to hdmi and how in this case to click end on keyboard to start flash bios or its some process starting like automatic reading?
Now gonna give a try ,already got bios v.21 at usb so just will rename it

Associate
OP
So after all when u insert usb to board which port some of mb at back or? And to me when i start pc my keyboard and mouse is not take power also tv is saing no signal... like they're not lighting aboute monitor im with 4ktv so only option for me is hdmi cable and DVI to hdmi and how in this case to click end on keyboard to start flash bios or its some process starting like automatic reading?
Now gonna give a try ,already got bios v.21 at usb so just will rename it

I was getting nothing to my monitors and keyboard and mouse were not getting power. Q-Flash Plus is the automatic flashing of the Bios. On my board you have to put the USB stick in the white USB slot in the back panel and then started the computer. After a while a little light beside the white usb slot started to flash. I left it and came back and it had stopped. Cant remember if it automatically restarted or if I did it. Then when it restarted I got a BIOS recovery happening on the screen II think it was copying to the other Bios)

Associate
Its doesn't work for me trying it with out ram with ram single slots... nothing only usb its self in got led and flash when insert it and thats all also flash even mb is turned off...
Actually im tired of trying to wake-up this board and definitely something is failure but winch one mb or cpu or memory i dont know...
But should be board bc when use pins for clearing cmos i dont see tiny lightening ( shorting)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom