• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Associate
Well that's the question ... £3-400 I guess, but not sure if I'd get a significant upgrade with today's prices. Just looked at a review of the Powercolor Red Devil 580 and it doesn't look much better than my 390X. If I'm going to have to buy a new one then I'd at least like to get a decent increase in performance. I may have to ride out the prices and check back in 6 months. My second gaming rig will have to make do.
Yeah that 390x is no slouch so a noticeble upgrade would be pretty expensive.
I had 2 X 7970's in Xfire for around 5 years and they performed well, just showing their age in the latest titles with settings turned up and not all Games catered for Dual cards so you were hunting for similar game profiles.
I paid a lot for the 1080Ti but I knew that and I know it will carry me for the next 5 years at least, hopefully, but there is a noticeble difference.
Not sure what your 390X would fetch used but I managed around £240 for my two 7970's.

Associate
Yeah that 390x is no slouch so a noticeble upgrade would be pretty expensive.
I had 2 X 7970's in Xfire for around 5 years and they performed well, just showing their age in the latest titles with settings turned up and not all Games catered for Dual cards so you were hunting for similar game profiles.
I paid a lot for the 1080Ti but I knew that and I know it will carry me for the next 5 years at least, hopefully, but there is a noticeble difference.
Not sure what your 390X would fetch used but I managed around £240 for my two 7970's.

It would fetch £0 as it's knackered, hence my dilemma :/

Associate
That freesync monitor looks good. Is it better to have 1080p and 144Hz, or 1440p resolution, when it comes to gaming? I play BF1 and some tower defence strategy stuff too

You'll notice a far greater difference in moving from 60hz to 144hz, it's really amazing for games.

Associate
Fantastic news, or it would be if I hadn't dropped £829 on the Inno Ichill 3x 1080TI on tuesday the 20th and two days later it's £80 cheaper!

Soldato
As I’ve mentioned in other threads I’m building a new 4K gaming pc, just waiting on the new amd cpus to be announced to compare the performance and decide between them or the 8700K.
Was looking at the Corsair Vengence lpx, how does the team group Vulcan t-force compare?
Any chance of cheaper prices next month?
I have bought everything bar the 3 main parts cpu, mobo and ram.

Associate
Some interesting deals considering the current climate, well done, always welcome.
Although OCUK are not always the cheapest their customer care is second to none as far as I'm concerned!
+2 . Randomly I have had most of my bad luck on components from OCUK, but they have sorted me everytime. Once with a dud PSU that was no longer in stock I even got an upgrade :)
Plus they have actual customer service you can get through to. If you have ever dealth with a competitor...not good.

Clearly there a price tolerances, but I try buy everything through here.
It is so weird my one year old 1080ti is worth more today than when i bought it :p

OcUK Staff
OP
+2 . Randomly I have had most of my bad luck on components from OCUK, but they have sorted me everytime. Once with a dud PSU that was no longer in stock I even got an upgrade :)
Plus they have actual customer service you can get through to. If you have ever dealth with a competitor...not good.

Clearly there a price tolerances, but I try buy everything through here.
It is so weird my one year old 1080ti is worth more today than when i bought it :p

Our prices on every GPU segment at the moment is pretty much best out there. Other places are still charging £1000 for VEGA 64, we are at £689, £300 is a big difference.

Yes we pride ourselves on CS it is also why we make contacting us so easy, forum, live chat, email, telephone, social media and even still by post or just work into our shop front. Not one single competitor matches us on ability to contact us, including out of hours too (forum / social). :)

Soldato
Good to see things are heading back in the right direction I might just be able to retire my sli'd 670's if it continues looking forward to going back to a single card

Back
Top Bottom