Tyres for fast road use

Soldato
The road 5's are sports touring, geared more for commuting etc, I've just had a set fitted but use my SV650 mainly to get to work and back (although it's a nice run) and occasional weekend use.

From what you are saying don't think they would be the ideal choice as they are not a dedicated sports tyre.

Boll*cks, pr5 are more than enough for any bike on the road

Soldato
I did 2 novice track days and near 8k miles on a set of pilot road 2s on my ZX7R, not once did they slip or do anything unpredictable.

They were my first 2 track days, knee down on every corner, if that's not good enough for the road I don't know what is. Plus the fact pilot road tyres will have superior cold and wet grip compared to dedicated sports rubber. Which lets me honest, is exactly what we have to deal with in the UK.

Soldato
OP
Okay, got a few more miles under my belt on these Road 5's today. All I can say is 'outstanding' thus far. Grip is superb, more than enough for my riding ability. They feel utterly planted in fast corners with lots of feedback, the front end in particular feels seriously tight. Turn/Tip in is excellent but I've went from a 190/50 to a 180/55 so that's probably why turn in feels sharper. Confidence inspiring so far, think I've made the right choice. They are certainly 'sports' orientated so no worries there. I'd say compared to the old 2CT's that these feel maybe a teeny wee bit more 'harsh' comfort wise but that's maybe just because I've not ridden much this year at the speeds I was picking up today. I can live with that though. Mileage/Longevity we shall see......although litre twins are renowned for shredding rear tyres, I used to get about 3k miles out of a 2CT so if these equal or surpass that, I'll be a happy chappy.

All in all, so far, chuffed with them. :cool:;)

Back
Top Bottom