Rust on brake discs. OK to ignore?

Soldato
I'm going to assume all bikes (and most likely cars) suffer with this? Rust on brake discs. Besides squeezing a dry cloth through each hole after washing or getting caught out in a rain shower, I suppose it's OK to ignore? Just looks untidy. Thoughts?

Bike's kept in a garage. Around 450 miles on the clock.

IMG_4188.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the tip. Doesn't bug me - caught my eye and wanted to make sure it won't lead to anything else like the wheels falling off!
No harm asking - and thanks for the reply.

@Acme. I'd at least keep all the plastic bits :)

Man of Honour
Totally normal, with all the recent salt and damp mine were rusting to the point that until I first applied the brakes at riding speed the next morning the wheel was noticeably stiff and that's just from sitting for 12 hours.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ha! Mine has rust across the whole disk after riding it in the morning and coming back to it when I leave work
My job is based on the coast (literally on the beach) and I find my front wheel is stiff after every shift, but can’t say I’ve come back to rust.

Soldato
My job is based on the coast (literally on the beach) and I find my front wheel is stiff after every shift, but can’t say I’ve come back to rust.

Just been advised by disks are end of life...which is no real suprise to be honest. Just been trying to squeeze that last bit out before changing as OEM disks are £150 a side

Back
Top Bottom