Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Anyone else used the new Porsche South London yet? Car went in a month or so ago for a service and they advised my rear tyres were "below the 1.6mm legal limit" which I thought sounded suspect as they had only been on the car for 1 year and the MOT 3 months prior hadn't thrown anything up. Finally got a chance to get a tread depth gauge on it myself today, shows as 4mm! Head of after-sales emailed me just after the service for my feedback, have just responded calling them out on it so let's see what he says to that...

I get this with BMW, My rears where low but they also told me both my fronts need to be replaced, they forgot I had them both replaced by the same dealer only a few thousand miles before.

I saw your car up for sale, if its SOR you need to find a better dealer the advert is **** poor

Permabanned
I have this setup. Great in principle but, with one opening, removing a car from the back means moving 5+ cars to the driveway.

#firstworldproblems

GT3 looks lovely, enjoy it. I have those buckets in my GT4 and, as buckets go, they're plenty comfortable enough if you need to cover distance.

Yeah... will see how it pans out - early stages yet.

But I had this feature in both Switzerland and France and really liked it.

I would not be able to live with 18 way sports seats, buckets only for my frame.

Fair enough... I find the R8 seats quite uncomfortable so didn't even arrange a test drive. Otherwise great car and I love the V10 noise... I just would want to drive it much.

Man of Honour
Yeah... will see how it pans out - early stages yet.

But I had this feature in both Switzerland and France and really liked it.

Fair enough... I find the R8 seats quite uncomfortable so didn't even arrange a test drive. Otherwise great car and I love the V10 noise... I just would want to drive it much.
New R8 seats are pants, mine are good to me at least but Porsche buckets miles better.

Permabanned
New R8 seats are pants, mine are good to me at least but Porsche buckets miles better.

Took my friend to look at one today... the one who's considering 570S or 458... he's a slimmer / more muscly body shape than me and he found them uncomfortable too.

I'm a fatass and find the Porsche buckets really comfortable... I was surprised as I thought they'd be bad for me. The most comfortable buckets I've sat in, only things that come close are the Corbeaus which aren't as deep.

Caporegime
I think people are better off going for the old fashioned steering locks as an extra security feature. Seems like the new keyless entry systems just make cars easier to steal for any thieves with the right equipment.

Back
Top Bottom