What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I need to try this again, I turned it off after 20 minutes. But maybe I just wasn't in the mood at all, not just the movie. Infact I've done that with a lot of movies recently!

The beginning is weird with very stilted and pretty painful conversations but as the film progresses the exchanges become more natural. I would persevere but I knew it would be odd so I waited until I was in the right mood to watch it. If you weren't in the mood it could be as bad as Raymond's friend says it is.

Soldato
Hmm, really? I actually quite liked this.

Although it wasn't a horror film as a lot of people were probably expecting, I thought it was quite creepy and disturbing.

It was a little disturbing I agree there.. showing the becoming of who he was, I thought the acting was quite good for not a blockbuster funded movie.

Associate
Valerian & the city of a thousand planets - I liked it for 20 mins, thought it was interesting quirky. But it got increasingly dull until the last 10 or so minutes. A disappointing 5/10

Soldato
Insidious - 7.5/10. OMG, i nearly pooped my pants.

Insidious 2 - 6/10. Disappointing after the first one and more comedy moments than scares :(

Insidious 3 - 7/10. Back on track almost.

Insidious - Last Key. This weekends viewing...................!!

Soldato
very average day for me yesterday!

Went to see Rampage, which as expected, was predictable & mindless. 5/10. Maybe would have been more if it weren't for the 'villains' being so badly acted.

Then watched Justice League, which was better than I was expecting. I've been avoiding watching it due to some friends having not much good to say about it, but was pleasantly surprised. 6/10

Soldato
Valerian & the city of a thousand planets - I liked it for 20 mins, thought it was interesting quirky. But it got increasingly dull until the last 10 or so minutes. A disappointing 5/10

What utterly ruins this film is the two appalling lead actors. Zero chemistry between them, supposedly in love but spend most of the movie behaving like they hate each other. The girl is especially bad and blatantly cannot act at all.

A shame as it had some decent ideas and was very nice visually.

Soldato
Mercury 13 - 5/10.

Having (sort of) recently read The Right Stuff and very much looking forward to First Man I thought this would be an interesting side story. It was nicely done, but felt it was a bit lacking in content/depth. I just don't feel that I learnt much more than the logline, having watched the whole thing :p Anyway, it's 1hr20 on Netflix, so good for a quick evenings watch.

Associate
Geralds Game,

Watched this on Netflix after seeing it in a list of "Dark" films on Netflix and I am glad I did, a cracking film based on a Stephen King story. Well worth watching.

Caporegime
Happy death day 6/10.

Groundhog Day with a reset when the collage girl gets murdered.
Tries to be funny, scarey and clever but just fails on all counts.
A blzar mix of "scream" and one of the comedy paraodies. It almost feels like a parody of a parody.
Watch it if you are very bored.

Soldato
My Little pony the film. Saw it at the cinema and didn't think much of it however having watched it at home I think its kinda cool. Songs are super catchy especially "We got this", watched it Saturday and im still singing it today. 8/10

Little Mermaid Massive twist at the end which I didn't see coming, overall thought it was pretty good but shows its age. 7/10

Caporegime
Infinity war 9.9/10

Best avengers film yet? Totally on par with gotg.
2h40m of nonstop. If you like these films then this is the deep fried kebab of movies.
It makes black panther look like a joke.

Caporegime
Logan (2017) 6/10

Good premise, crafted into a fairly boring story and a mediocre film.

Terrible antagonist. Possibly the worst in any Marvel film I've seen to date. Not in the least threatening, charismatic, or even interesting. So little effort (almost none) spent developing any character except Logan/Xavier/new guy.

Ending literally awful.

Shame that its 2 hour run-time is mostly wasted on filler, and repetition of the same (essentially) fight scene over and over again.

Left me confused as to why any of them did the things they did.

Disappointed.

Soldato
Infinity war 9.9/10

Best avengers film yet? Totally on par with gotg.
2h40m of nonstop. If you like these films then this is the deep fried kebab of movies.
It makes black panther look like a joke.

Would you recommend this to someone who likes GotG but not the other Marvel films?

Soldato
Avengers: Infinity War - 8/10 - Wow, I really enjoyed this a lot and it was well worth flying to Riyadh to see it!

I think it's probably the best the MCU could do with it's large cast yet still feel like everyone gets a good bit of screen time. Yes it's a CGI-fest but the strength of the characters is still what makes the MCU so much better than the attempts by the DCU. There's humour which works and doesn't feel forced in where it isn't needed (looking at you Ragnorak!), the baddie has a believable reason for doing what he's doing and is aware of the cost, the overall acting from the cast is perfect for each MCU character and there's some extremely good interplay between old favourites.

The film is long at 2hr40 but I never felt that it was getting too long or boring and the film felt like a really good mix of a stand-alone film and part of a series, rather than a simple "2 parter cut in the middle" as you'd normally get.

Back
Top Bottom