GERMANIUM

Soldato
What's the best way to make sure that the computer is running at 4.9ghz as advertised?
Core Temps - shows 4.9ghz max load
CPU-Z - shows 4.6ghz most of the time, sometimes 4.9
Prime95 - even when I run it the clock speeds only go to 4.6hgz.

Am i missing anything?

Associate
Should have mine arriving Wednesday. Already got 2 x 1080ti's so went with a 1000w supply. As the case is arriving with no gpu's is it easy enough to access the psu as many pics show the cables for the graphics cards coming up from under the gpu's? Also I can confirm these are pre binned cpu's as I asked a support techie:)

Last edited:
Associate
Should have mine arriving Wednesday. Already got 2 x 1080ti's so went with a 1000w supply. As the case is arriving with no gpu's is it easy enough to access the psu as many pics show the cables for the graphics cards coming up from under the gpu's? Also I can confirm these are pre binned cpu's as I asked a support techie:)

Would depend on your case tbh. I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass. And there is a metal PSU Shroud that has a rubber grommet and my GPU power is fed through there.

Associate
Would depend on your case tbh. I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass. And there is a metal PSU Shroud that has a rubber grommet and my GPU power is fed through there.
I have the evolve and it was very easy to get to. Very happy with this system and the cpu clocks to 5.00 at 1.32v and stays cool and stable reaching 50.c max in all games tested. Prime 95 26.6 peaks at around 73c. Nice to know we have pre binned chips and thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fyi looks like my Asus cashback was finally paid today. £45 paid into my account by NINEPOINT CONSULTI.

glad to here it , but how long was the wait ? I know OCUK now refuse to do MSI cashback deals as theirs took 5-6 months if i remember correctly

googled that firm, seems not the best, some EU owners been waiting a long time :(

There are people waiting since October last year, apparently the new running gag

Associate
Just try to fit all the parts together in a shopping cart & its coming up as £1700 , how do I link my shopping cart to this page? is the extra £400 for overclocking , 3yr warranty & the pre built system price ? I have a 2k budget & this system seems fine apart from the Gfx card & HD I would change

Soldato
Just try to fit all the parts together in a shopping cart & its coming up as £1700 , how do I link my shopping cart to this page? is the extra £400 for overclocking , 3yr warranty & the pre built system price ? I have a 2k budget & this system seems fine apart from the Gfx card & HD I would change

Could always ask the others to spec a list together for £1700+ your needs and OCUK can build it
This system was great when Asus did the cashback.. quite a few on here and in herbal went for it

Associate
You must have taken something pricey out of the Germanium spec to get it down to £1700. I priced it up when buying mine and was about £50 cheaper and that was not including pre binned cpu and some other bits. Admittedly that was back when the default gpu the Strix OC 1080Ti was *just* £749.

Associate
I know some of you with Germaniums Play PUBG. I have been playing FPP Solo since I got mine end of Jan and its super smooth. Have recently started playing FPP Squad and find it noticeably more laggy in terms of movement and smoothness. I run MSI Afterburner overlay and see my FPS drops a lot more say down to 100-110 sometimes whereas solo its almost always at 144. When your dropping in a hot zone with several other squads I could understand the higher load possibly but when it’s just your squad and other squad members are looting 2-3 buildings away that should not affect performance when in Solo even a hot drop seems to be smoother.

Associate
Did anyone get wifi with this system & if so which internal wifi option did they go for ? So hard to decide to get now or wait till the 11 series is coming out for price difference .. maybe I should just get a GTX 1070TI save some money until the 11 series comes out ?

Associate
So I've just ordered this beautiful rig, with the upgrade of I chose the Asus strix 1080ti prefer the airflow, noticed you all talking about windows 10 on USB, does the germanium have a DVD drive for the DVD they send to you, or is windows already installed, how does this process work, I'm a first time customer here so I'm a little confused ! And super excited , my first gaming rrig, been using laptops since forever due to lack of space!

Back
Top Bottom