God of War 4

Soldato
Man I can’t believe people even mentioned that the combat in this game was repetitive.

I love chucking my axe into the ground or into someone head then go barefisted and pummel a ton of adds then recall it into a hulk like smash into the ground. Truly epic moments.

It's pretty deep, I think it's a game where you get out as much as you put in. If you just main line the story you miss so much world building and lore that really does help feel immersed in the world

Associate
Into the 2nd half of God of War now I think and enjoying it more. However I’m not sure if it’s a bug that one of the new patches introduced but basically I can purchase any skill even if I don’t have enough of the required level of attribute e.g. cooldown. Is this a bug or am I supposed to be able to do this?

Soldato
Into the 2nd half of God of War now I think and enjoying it more. However I’m not sure if it’s a bug that one of the new patches introduced but basically I can purchase any skill even if I don’t have enough of the required level of attribute e.g. cooldown. Is this a bug or am I supposed to be able to do this?
Are you sure you are not mistaking the unlock of a base attack with that of an additional bonus you get if a certain stat is reached?

If you go to unlock a skill, on the right hand side under the video it lists a potential bonus you get if you reach a stat requirement. You can unlock the skill no matter what but only get the bonus if your stats line up

Soldato
Are you sure you are not mistaking the unlock of a base attack with that of an additional bonus you get if a certain stat is reached?

If you go to unlock a skill, on the right hand side under the video it lists a potential bonus you get if you reach a stat requirement. You can unlock the skill no matter what but only get the bonus if your stats line up

I made this mistake for about the first 15 hours, I was confused why I needed such high points to unlock basic skills! When I did realise I unlocked pretty much the entire tree in one go.

Just got another skill tree (won't say what for to avoid spoilers) and combat definitely gets more interesting as the game progresses.

Soldato
I made this mistake for about the first 15 hours, I was confused why I needed such high points to unlock basic skills! When I did realise I unlocked pretty much the entire tree in one go.

Just got another skill tree (won't say what for to avoid spoilers) and combat definitely gets more interesting as the game progresses.
It threw me for a bit too, should be a bit clearer imo

I finished last night, fantastic game. I did most of the side stuff as I went so it's racked up a few hours for me but I had to. I know you can carry on and the up loose ends after the story but I never feel compelled to do that so try to do what I can before that point.

Best game this year so far, not sure if any thing will top it for me but to early to say for sure

Associate
Ahhhhh thank you!! Yes that makes sense- I’ll be able to just get every skill then now! Haha. Was managing without them so it probably improved my combat skills!

Associate
Second half of this game is incredible. Best graphics to date on PS4 pro I think: looks stunning on ks8000. Shame the game took hours and hours to get really good!

Soldato
Finally finished it, didn't think it would end, felt like it was going in circles. Didn't enjoy it that much, found it almost a chore. I mainly didn't like the fighting, the puzzles I did enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom