New 144hz 4k monitor spotted, INSANE PRICES!!!

Associate
This is simply ridiculous.

Question is when are we getting 240hz OLED displays or at least 120hz? [preferably wqhd 2560-1440] Motion blur at 60hz is beyond terrible for gaming.

Soldato
Many TV's with 1000 nits are still way over a £1,000. and they don't have 144Hz nor G-SYNC and maybe even a top notch panel?, plus many of the high end TV's are way too big for desktop usage for some. Maybe there will be cheaper versions although I can't see 1,000 nits being cheap anytime soon, and then there is the cost of the amount of local dimming zones, never going to be affordable for the majority at the suggested prices, even £1500 is expensive.

Associate
What's up with the two flaps on either side of this monitor? Poor design by the manufacturer.

I've only ever seen them on 'professional' monitors intended for photographic or other graphics work and assumed it was to reduce or prevent unwanted reflections on the screen.

I'd love a new monitor and do like 4K but at this rate it's going to be 2020 before anything is available at a reasonable price. Maybe next year if OLED TVs ship with HDMI 2.1/120HZ/VRR I'd serious consider wall mounting it and re-configuring the home-office/man den to use it as a monitor for gaming (with the current 32" 4K or a new UW for normal productivity)

Associate
There are solid offerings right now. If we don't buy them now, nothing will change even in 2030.

I already have a 32" 4K which I picked up a couple of years ago, ideally as an upgrade I'd like both higher refresh and adaptive sync which aren't available at this resolution currently (adaptive sync on its own isn't enough of an upgrade).

In all likelihood I'll pickup an Ultrawide (35" Dell or the new offering from LG) and work with that as the primary and the 4K in portrait next to it for the next couple of years.

Associate
If there are no early adopters, the product will disappear rather than come down in price.

There are solid offerings right now. If we don't buy them now, nothing will change even in 2030.
It won't be the potential customers' fault if not enough are sold, it'll be the fault of the company setting the RRP, who treat the PC enthusiasts like chumps.

Permabanned
I can understand new things have the early adopter tax but £2k for a 27" screen....

But in order to use this monitor, you perhaps need two RX Vega 64 in CrossFire, or two GTX 1080 Ti, or two nVidia Titan V, in which case you have the sufficient funds in order to afford this setup, anyways. I guess that's how they justify the pricetag.

Back
Top Bottom