What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
New pads fitted today....1300 quid lighter of pocket! Now at Audi Swindon getting my MOT stamp! Will then haul ass back up the M40 (actually it will be the M5 but fuzz members on this forum and you won’t take me coppa!!)

Soldato
I began a bit of an overhaul of my ST220, still awaiting a few items arriving during the week but it's having -
  • New Clutch
  • New Flywheel
  • New Clutch Slave Cylinder
  • New Suspension top mounts all around
  • New Springs
  • New ARB bushes front & rear
  • New Sump Gasket
  • New Cam cover gaskets
  • New crank seals
  • New drop links
  • New engine mounts
  • Underseal the inner wings
  • De-rust & paint the front sub frame (If i get time)
  • Gearbox oil change
  • A full service, oil, filters etc.
I have a busy weekend!

Soldato
I began a bit of an overhaul of my ST220, still awaiting a few items arriving during the week but it's having -
  • New Clutch
  • New Flywheel
  • New Clutch Slave Cylinder
  • New Suspension top mounts all around
  • New Springs
  • New ARB bushes front & rear
  • New Sump Gasket
  • New Cam cover gaskets
  • New crank seals
  • New drop links
  • New engine mounts
  • Underseal the inner wings
  • De-rust & paint the front sub frame (If i get time)
  • Gearbox oil change
  • A full service, oil, filters etc.
I have a busy weekend!

That's a quite lot for a weekend :-0 taking the engine out?

Soldato
That's a quite lot for a weekend :-0 taking the engine out?

I say weekend, it's a 4 dayer as I booked today off work & Monday is a bank holiday.

The springs haven't been delivered so the aim is to get the gaskets, service & clutch done before Monday & then as soon as the springs arrive reinstall the suspension one evening during the week & then do the rear end probably next Saturday.

Not lifting the engine out as i don't want to mess with the air-con so the gearbox is coming out via the passenger side wheel arch.

Caporegime
Ive got away with so much now... Been flashed by two cameras and got no tickets, been pulled over for speeding twice and got a slap on the wrist, got pulled over for drifting and got a slap on the wrist... Maybe I should cool it before I get whats coming. :p

Soldato
Yeah I’ve had too many near misses in the past. A few years ago I was on the M6 late at night and went through a variable limit 40 at 50 and got flashed. Never heard anything.

I’ve been pulled over once and was lucky to just get a telling off and I’ve been in sight of too many camera vans on NSL DCs while my satnav has been reporting 78mph.

Incredibly lucky. But luckily I learnt my lesson so I just drive like a grandad these days.

Soldato
Stuck new front discs and pads on the Fiesta this evening, unexpectedly had to replace two tyres on it recently too (albeit they're only £70 a corner) after i discovered a bulge in the sidewalls and that my other half does not posses the ability to look at a tyre or heaven forbid check pressures every now and then. Focus came back from front end paint looking great and goes to Ford Monday for a new radiator too. Apparently stripping the front end down took a fair amount of time (and it needs to come off for the rad) so i'm glad I'm not having to do it this time.

Back
Top Bottom