• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GEFORCE GTX DEALS: 1080Ti @ £679 / 1080 @ £459 / 1070Ti @ £399 / 1060 6G @ £249 !!!

Associate
Don't buy now, new cards round the corner.

Don't buy xx80 Ti now, rather be on new tech with the new xx80 cards.

xx80 has been out for over a year now, why buy an xx80 Ti based on old tech? New cards not far off.

Said everyone on OCUK
While I agree with you, new tech doesn't mean much without new tech from monitors and games.

All were doing is buying new cards to play the same games at higher resolutions and the cycle just goes round and round.

Associate
Interesting... at these prices I'm almost tempted to pick up a second 1070 Ti for my rig. Almost. Going to leave it a little longer, but the Zotac card is finally cheaper than what I paid for that model last August. Good news!

Soldato
The planet of relative performance to product pricing structure.
One that doesn't exist :). Agree lower end prcing should be more relative but top end always comes with extreme pricing, no matter what it is. The closer you get to peak performance, the larger the price difference vs performance becomes. Same with everything really, cars for example. BMW M4 pricing vs a 418? YOu don't get double the car (or double the performance) when paying twice as much. An M4 is nearly double the price of a low end 4 series.

Last edited:
Associate
Same here or the Palit jetstream, my 970 is still serving me well but god knows when next gen cards will be available and for what price etc.
That’s the thing, when the new GPU’s arrive what are they gonna cost? my 290 is still playing everything, but I want to crank up the super sampling in VR games (that’s all I play now, there’s no going back to flatscreen shooters after playing a VR shooter!)

Associate
I think the waiting game is paying off. For me, I'm interested in a card that will improve my VR performance. I'm running a Sapphire RX470, and whilst it runs Iracing and Skyrim VR I really want to up the ante. I want to achieve this at around £300. A big ask, maybe. But having just won a Dell Visor headset for £205 I'm in an optimistic mood.

Caporegime
Are there any compromises with the 1070 Ti mini in terms of thermals etc?

No, it's more than capable upto the 1080 level. The only time it struggles from what I've seen is the Ti-level (which I can understand, it's a v v powerful chip!).

I'd certainly have no problem in buying any Mini upto a 1080. The 1070Ti with a manual tweak is the one to go for imo :cool:

Back
Top Bottom