About to buy a used bike...I need ...

Permabanned
To find a mechanic that I could pay, n send to give the bike a once over before I buy it.
Anyone used one, The Bike is in Borehamwood, its a ZX10R E8F 2009, with 29k on the clock

I'm okish at mechanics, but not so great with the newer stuff and rather get a person who can give afar better review than me, also being detached from the purchase hopefully views it differently.

Paying £4200 for bike, so decent price (will need new tires) soonish.

Will have a major service if I buy it, as I will use this bike to do a 3 week EU tour, even though it's not the best bike for it, it's the bike I want.

Any advice on finding a mechanic in that neck of the woods very appreciated, (lests not sink into that's not the bike to tour on please)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Check for the following...
-Any cracks on the frame, especially on the side and near the top yoke.
-Any signs of welds that look dodgy
-Test ride it and see if it goes in a straight line or it steers to left or right.
-Grab front brake and bounce the front to see if the seals are shot.
-Any rattles or knocking from the engine
-Check the engine if it has any cracks
-Check bearings

The obvious really...

Caporegime
Check for the following...
-Any cracks on the frame, especially on the side and near the top yoke.
-Any signs of welds that look dodgy
-Test ride it and see if it goes in a straight line or it steers to left or right.
-Grab front brake and bounce the front to see if the seals are shot.
-Any rattles or knocking from the engine
-Check the engine if it has any cracks
-Check bearings

The obvious really...

Obvious to you perhaps, but don't forget other might not be so mechanically inclined ;)

Permabanned
OP
Not fussed if people feel the need to feel superior, would rather just find the mechanic, and I am pretty mechanically minded, I come from the generation and country where we fixed things, did not replace (Rhodesia and South Africa).

It's just that I have not owned a bike in almost 27 years, so would like someone more upto date on them to have a look, it's proving to be way more difficult than I would have thought to find a motorcycle mechanic.

Bike is off eBay..hence the urgency.

Kawasaki ZX10R E8F NINJA 1000cc SUPERBIKE SPORTSBIKE https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202308024380

Soldato
Nice. Good choice for a sports tourer. Monster of a bike for someone that hasn't ridden for 27 years but I'm sure you know how to not twist the throttle too far :) :p

Permabanned
OP
Nice. Good choice for a sports tourer. Monster of a bike for someone that hasn't ridden for 27 years but I'm sure you know how to not twist the throttle too far :) :p
Yup thanks for you contribution to the thread, extremely helpful, got to love the *****

At no time did I say I have not ridden in 27 years or not ridden this type of bike ...often

It hey as I said thanks for your contribution *****

Soldato
Yup thanks for you contribution to the thread, extremely helpful, got to love the *****

At no time did I say I have not ridden in 27 years or not ridden this type of bike ...often

Aww did someone get out of bed the wrong side? Monday morning killing you?

Would you shout abuse at me if I came up to you in the street, complimented you on your bike and told you it's a monster of a bike and to ride carefully? No. So calm yourself down.

Last edited:
Soldato
AHAHA this thread cracks me up.

Anyways I dont know how ebay motors works but surely if you bid on it it's too late to examine in detail and refuse to buy it? Or does it not work like that? Looks decent though, bloke obviously should have waited one year and got an Z1000SX, surprising he kept it so long.
Careful, you said it's looks decent. He might shout abuse at you! :p

Caporegime

Guy admires your bike and hints to be careful as you yourself allude to not riding in 27 years and this is your reaction?

Bit odd :confused:

Permabanned
OP
Guy admires your bike and hints to be careful as you yourself allude to not riding in 27 years and this is your reaction?

Bit odd :confused:
Yeah that's not what he was doing and if it was and I mistook what he was saying then I kinda opplogies, but post. Still stands what he said had zero absolutely nothing to do with what I was asking, or what the thread was about, he must be a bit like you, just plain't desperate to post in any thread.

Maybe I'm a bit gullible but was hoping people that replied here would be those who actuality wanted to help and not just increase their post count.

AHAHA this thread cracks me up.

Anyways I dont know how ebay motors works but surely if you bid on it it's too late to examine in detail and refuse to buy it? Or does it not work like that? Looks decent though, bloke obviously should have waited one year and got an Z1000SX, surprising he kept it so long.
Yes it should, but that also depends on the guy being honest about the bike, and unfortunately where money involved ...

Tbf he has been pretty good about the whole thing.

Z1000SX was the bike I was actually looking at although not ridden one, but love their looks. But I'm honestly not sure about getting back into biking beyond this EU Tour and if I do, then may well be getting one. (I blame my son, who in fact just got himself the Triumph Daytona 675R, now that's an aggressive bike)

Soldato
Yeah that's not what he was doing and if it was and I mistook what he was saying then I kinda opplogies, but post. Still stands what he said had zero absolutely nothing to do with what I was asking, or what the thread was about, he must be a bit like you, just plain't desperate to post in any thread.

Maybe I'm a bit gullible but was hoping people that replied here would be those who actuality wanted to help and not just increase their post count.

+1 (need to up my post count, 5k over 14 years isn't good I've been told!)

Apology accepted.

Caporegime
You need to work on hiding your bitterness more Nemeses. Your frustrations in life flow throw the your posts, not healthy to be so bitter fella. Hopefully back to riding will fix that :)

Associate
You need to work on hiding your bitterness more Nemeses.

I don't think its just his bitterness he needs work on. Bit of a rude reply when all he said was to be careful having not owned a bike for 27 years, I'm actually offended for him.

I hope the bikes a pile of **** like your attitude :)

Back
Top Bottom