8PACK Launches his NEW £10,000 Gaming Machine - The Polaris MK2

Soldato
I wonder how many of this type of PC are purchased for home use and how many are purchased for use on show stands and the like?

BTW that's an awful lot of screws fixing the logos in place.

Soldato
Impressive amount of effort gone into that. Once you get into custom parts the amount of work and cost rockets. I'd have added an Optane drive in there personally but I can't fault the craftsmanship.

Caporegime
that does look pretty damn awesome :)

I wonder how many of this type of PC are purchased for home use and how many are purchased for use on show stands and the like?

Why would anyone other than 8pack/OCUK want to take it to a show? They are the ones who built it, would be a bit random surely otherwise.

Surely the buyers are going to use it for gaming and would be people with a fat amount of disposable income who don't mind spending a bit more for their high end PC.

Soldato
Changing the logo cannot be that difficult.

Depends what you mean by changing.

The 8 pack logo which is basically an "8" is a decorative liquid path milled into a thick acrylic plate which is fitted to another acrylic plate and the case with hundreds of screws.

If you requested a different symbol milled on the plates before any assembly that would be vastly less difficult than swapping installed plates which would probably be horrible to do at home and best left to ocuk.

Man of Honour
I guess I'm the only one looking at it thinking it's shocking value for money? Don't get me wrong the workmanship etc is nice but 10k for this? That seems an absolutely mental amount of money for what's inside.

Man of Honour
I guess I'm the only one looking at it thinking it's shocking value for money? Don't get me wrong the workmanship etc is nice but 10k for this? That seems an absolutely mental amount of money for what's inside.

People will pay a lot of money for virtual bragging rights.

Back
Top Bottom