Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Associate
The only film I can think of in recent times that I have seen, that didn't feel the need to do this was Blade Runner 2049.

It has similar pacing to that of the original, and didn't feel the need to convey the story line in some sort of dumbed down fashion in order for things to progress.

Action and fast pacing even in the longer films these days has taken precedence over character development and story telling.

Permabanned
Remember that game well JediFragger. Have you been to arcade club, they have one there plus the original wireframe sit down star wars cabinet!

Man of Honour
Used to love the Jedi Knight games Mysteries of the Sith and Dark Forces II - when I was younger there felt like there was something more to them playing through the first half that sadly they never built up to. Interestingly I found using noclip to get outside the walls on the refuelling section that is also the demo for one of them there is actually a huge facility around 50% complete that you only ever see a tiny bit of at the end of the level.

Soldato
https://screenrant.com/john-boyega-star-wars-trolls-kelly-marie-tran-reaction/ - Actor tells fans "blame the decision makers, not us" for poor films.

Star Wars is becoming, or already has become, a very toxic franchise and I'm betting Disney never expected that when they bought it so I wonder how long they'll allow this state of affairs to exist between the fans and the those who make the films?

As a fan I was extremely disappointed by TLJ but blame no-one but the script-writer/director and the producers who allowed him to put out such a poor film rather than the actors who had to act in it.

To be very fair to them, if the current crop of actors are getting fed up with all the hassle of being in a Star Wars film I can't see it being an attractive franchise for other actors to want to join and I never ever thought I'd think that way about the future of SW!

https://screenrant.com/george-lucas-sequel-trilogy-plans-whills/

Jesus Christ, Lucas learned nothing from the backlash of the prequels, a friggin midichlorians movie or 2 or 3??? :eek::eek::eek:

He must have planned that back in the day and learned his lesson after the cluster **** that was The Phantom Midichlorian, i dont think he ever mentioned it again in Ep2 and 3?

Also its a bit disconcerting that Tran has closed her twitter account due to fan abuse? I hate the film and her character but abusing the actress for stuff not in her control is a bit much!

Soldato
https://screenrant.com/john-boyega-star-wars-trolls-kelly-marie-tran-reaction/ - Actor tells fans "blame the decision makers, not us" for poor films.

Star Wars is becoming, or already has become, a very toxic franchise and I'm betting Disney never expected that when they bought it so I wonder how long they'll allow this state of affairs to exist between the fans and the those who make the films?

As a fan I was extremely disappointed by TLJ but blame no-one but the script-writer/director and the producers who allowed him to put out such a poor film rather than the actors who had to act in it.

To be very fair to them, if the current crop of actors are getting fed up with all the hassle of being in a Star Wars film I can't see it being an attractive franchise for other actors to want to join and I never ever thought I'd think that way about the future of SW!

The Facebook group that caused all the abuse must have some awful people in it. To issue a statement telling members of the group to fight to restore the 'straight white male hero' to the Star Wars franchise and declaring a war against Kathleen Kennedy and her 'feminist soldiers' is mind boggling. I can understand people being annoyed at TLJ, I thought it was a heavily flawed film that waved away a lot of the interesting questions and fan theories that people had after TFA and the way it treated Luke Skywalker was disappointing, but to be annoyed at TLJ because it has prominent female characters is bizarre and incredibly insecure.

Soldato
TLJ was a crap continuation of the story. The SJW stuff is an excuse for idiots to hate on it, and an excuse for the makers to deflect actual criticism.

Caporegime
I don't know who was responsible for making the original trilogy so great but it sure as hell wasn't george.

It wasn't, it was a more open collaboration if I remember correctly esp with help from his ex-wife with the script ("You can type this **** George but you can't say it" rings a bell). Sounds like he needed all the guidance he could get his hands on then he lucked out!!

Caporegime
It wasn't, it was a more open collaboration if I remember correctly esp with help from his ex-wife with the script ("You can type this **** George but you can't say it" rings a bell). Sounds like he needed all the guidance he could get his hands on then he lucked out!!
That was Sir Alec Guinness if my memory is correct. Its very strange that the movie he had the least to do with is almost universally seen as the best. Even compared to the new movies. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

Soldato

actually i'm pretty sure that was harrison ford.
and yeah apparently georges ex-wife saved the original in edit - there is a good youtube doc about it.
As for empire and jedi - i guess it was everybody else that made them great but i don't know if there was one person in particular at the studio/production that was more responsible - maybe it was one of those flukes (many have tried and they still fail to match them).

Caporegime
Also its a bit disconcerting that Tran has closed her twitter account due to fan abuse? I hate the film and her character but abusing the actress for stuff not in her control is a bit much!

Literally just hearing about this now, listening to the latest empire podcast

She had nothing to do with any decisions in that movie, why would people single her out for abuse?

Nothing to do with her gender or race, I'm sure...

Man of Honour
many have tried and they still fail to match them

Looks like the fan film Tydirium is relaunching - they had a pretty good attempt at recapturing the original movies though not sure if they'll ever make a release never mind any potential licensing issues.

Back
Top Bottom