The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
I must apologise for this, but I really hope LoU2 is rubbish. I bought a PS4 just because I enjoyed LoU so much, but only used it for Resogun and half of Uncharted 4. Half because the darned thing stopped handshaking with either of my TVs 20 months ago and has been laughing at me ever since. It just sits there, all blank, but working perfectly in the background and ignoring all my attempts to 'fix' it.

I refuse to buy another one just for one game... even though I have credit on the account to buy it already. So LoU2 *has* to be disappointing. I insist. Please?

Associate
I must apologise for this, but I really hope LoU2 is rubbish. I bought a PS4 just because I enjoyed LoU so much, but only used it for Resogun and half of Uncharted 4. Half because the darned thing stopped handshaking with either of my TVs 20 months ago and has been laughing at me ever since. It just sits there, all blank, but working perfectly in the background and ignoring all my attempts to 'fix' it.

I refuse to buy another one just for one game... even though I have credit on the account to buy it already. So LoU2 *has* to be disappointing. I insist. Please?

You appear to be resenting a game simply because your PS4 doesn't display anymore?

Jheez mine conked out displaying whilst me and the GF were watching a DVD. Screen started displaying artefacts followed by a hard lock up. Rebooting my PS4 didn't work stuck in boot loop indicating the GPU has blown. I will replace it when some games on PS4 that I want to play come out like TLoU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima.

Shawrey

Associate
Wow, what a trailer! Everything felt so real.

Do you think that those events during the fighting adapt to your surroundings? So you may get thrown into a car rather than the shop furniture if you're outside for example?

Soldato
Lol, at people crying in every thread on Gamefaqs over Ellie being lesbian:D Homophobes will be homophobes, I guess. I kinda like the idea, it's never been done before in mainstream games plus the fact was obvious in Left Behind.

Soldato
Lol, at people crying in every thread on Gamefaqs over Ellie being lesbian:D Homophobes will be homophobes, I guess. I kinda like the idea, it's never been done before in mainstream games plus the fact was obvious in Left Behind.

What has never been done :confused: Shep/femshep was a randy little bugger.

Soldato
I don't get why people pay so much attention to this sort of thing. It shouldn't matter

Anyway so far this looks amazing and cannot wait to get my sweaty warm sticky hands on it!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
it baffles me people care about her sexuality

she was a great character in the first game, well written and voiced

if you weren't caught up with the final scenes in the winter segment theres something wrong with you

Soldato
What has never been done :confused: Shep/femshep was a randy little bugger.

Yeah, forgot about ME, never played the franchise too much. To be fair, though, here you don't have a choice over your character like that. You can't make Ellie straight as it's not an RPG, it's all a part of the story, that's more what I had in mind. Or maybe the game will feature some choices, who knows:D

Soldato
it baffles me people care about her sexuality

she was a great character in the first game, well written and voiced

if you weren't caught up with the final scenes in the winter segment theres something wrong with you

Definitely. I was so into the story and got really affected by it. Not many games can get to that level. So good.

Soldato
I don't get why people pay so much attention to this sort of thing. It shouldn't matter

Anyway so far this looks amazing and cannot wait to get my sweaty warm sticky hands on it!

People seem to think that this, along with BF5 featuring females in combat roles are a sign of gaming developers and publishers pandering to those specific demographics or shoehorning these social issues into the game where it isn't necessary. They really do feel threatened by the whole thing, as if gaming hasn't been straight white male orientated for long enough already.

I was reading some comments on Twitter last night about the BF5 thing and the mental gymnastics people (always male, unsurprisingly) go through in order to justify their view that the game shouldn't feature women or should put them in "more historically accurate roles" was staggering. Apparently a female character fighting on the frontlines is an afront to the historical accuracy portrayed by the game.

Soldato
As a man.... I personally don't care who the main characters are. They can be black, white, yellow, green or any other colour under (above, to the right or left) the sun. All that matters is the story line and gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom