Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Man of Honour
@NickK any plans to get fishing now the weather is warming up? its ment to get up to ~18-20c next week :o
i think il be popping accross the road to try out my new beach :D

Soldato
I got into carp fishing nearly a year ago after recovering from a major operation so still fairly new to the scene.
At the moment I still only go to one local lake on a day ticket but looking at other places and some overnighters. It's been a long tough winter but managed to get a few out including my pb a few weeks ago 16lb 10oz.
Looking forward to the warmer weather and more activity.

rvuJg

zuLA9Mf.jpg

Man of Honour
I'll get down to the petshop to have some at the ready.
Just looking at ordering some more bait, heard good things about Monster X although Robin Red pellet was the best bait for me last year.

im very much out of the loop when it comes to Carp bait, appart from a couple of sessions in 2013 ive not been since around 2001,
my Carping was mainly done in the 90's, once id caught the biggest in the local lakes i swiched over to Sea fishing :)

Associate
Having just got back into fishing and been using my float rod for a couple of weeks on my current local. I'm looking for a travel/telescopic rod that can pack up small to fit in a large rucksack or topbox on motorcycle.
I'm due to move soon and will have a canal right on my doorstep and two reservoirs 10 minute walk from my new home.

But there are a few other good venues within 20 miles.

Soldato
Today was lovely aboard the Valkerie 6 out of hayling.

10hr wrecking trip, my forerunner 235 watch shows over 100miles travelled and the endurance heart rate intervals for the drifts over wrecks 80m down.

Only got a gurnard with very picky pollack & cod :/

Shattered but glad I didn’t blank.

Man of Honour
Today was lovely aboard the Valkerie 6 out of hayling.

10hr wrecking trip, my forerunner 235 watch shows over 100miles travelled and the endurance heart rate intervals for the drifts over wrecks 80m down.

Only got a gurnard with very picky pollack & cod :/

Shattered but glad I didn’t blank.

good effort, shame the Cod didnt want to play though as getting a couple of them kinda pays for the trip, well thats if you eat them :p

Associate
I've not been fishing yet this year, the football season has prevented an earlier start.
Coarse fishing for me.
Plenty of great rivers in these parts (Nidd, Swale, Ure, Derwent, Ouse) and loads of ponds/lakes.

Favourite fishing has to be floating bread - gets the heart racing when you see a big pair of lips sucking at it :)

Man of Honour
just been up the tackle shop, going to try to get out over the weekend as there's been some Smooth Hound and Rays caught across the road :)
Mackeral, Squid and some live soft back Crabs,

Xmrps16.jpg

Man of Honour
Hehe Porbeagle with that lot :D

:D just tied some pully rigs and was about to nip across to the beach to catch the 3pm low tide and fish a few hours up,
but its pretty busy over there so ive had a re-think and decided to 'try' to have an early night and go over there around 3am and fish till just after sunrise,
il just take the Crab with me and 2 rods

its not ideal to fish when there are people in the water,
because its a very shallow beach people end up being out ~50 yards+ and i dont want to catch a kid lol

UPDATE: didnt manage to make it out for the early morning low tide, gonna try again tomorrow morning ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hehe Porbeagle with that lot :D

popped across the road a couple of days ago any had a little dabble for an hour over low tide,
tbh as soon as i got there i didnt think it was worth fishing.. lots of brown/green foam on the water, think it was May rot,
going to have another go tomorrow evening for a couple of hours and use the rest of my Crabs while they are still alive

Man of Honour
just fished for a couple of hours from low tide up, didnt catch :( had a big drop back but didnt hook up,
the 2 guys to my left had a Ray and a couple of either small smoothies or doggies

pWEEjgq.jpg

Man of Honour
@NickK just snuck across the road and fished for an hour whilst checking out my new chest waders (which are awesome!) and managed to get a Smoothy today,
was around 5lb ;)

Jnlf8rg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom