What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
Replaced 14 year old 100k suspension on my Zee with new -15mm Tein springs and 40k shocks. Finaly does not feel like a boat when cornering :D for 180 quid It cost me descent upgrade.
15mm.jpg

ok.jpg

Looks good drives good AND CAN GO OVER SPEED BUMPS !!!! Another 10mm and would need to do 5mph over them...
Saturday Japfest so will pop the Track cherry of this car :] Forgot that nioce feeling of upgrading old worn stock with new aftermarket. Could use Tokico HP or blistein b6 shocks

Last edited:
Caporegime
God I'm rubbish at painting cars... The actual painting part I'm pretty good at, but the prep I absolutely suck at... Got a nice paint lip/mask line on my paint because I didn't leave enough blending room even though I didn't even realise paint was settling that far over the panel... Ugh... Wet sanding tomorrow/saturday to try and make the best of it!

Soldato
Finally got a new windscreen fitted. That only took 23 days. Found the crack on the 6th, they came out on the 16th which I thought wasn't bad going but with the wrong windscreen and finally came again today with the right windscreen.

On the plus side it seems to be a pretty much perfect job, unlike on my previous car where they'd put the wiper arms on wrong so a good 3-4 inches of screen weren't being cleared and packed the thing with sealant so the A pillar trim fabric wasn't only covered with black sealant, but the A pillar trims themselves were bulging out. Horrific job.

Soldato
Wind deflectors;
JDM points y0

But really, they're useful for having the window slightly down, without making it look as if they're open, on hot days to let some air in/out.

Soldato
A lot of people on here dislike them, but I find the incredibly useful. Not just when its hot and dry, but stops the rain / screenwash pouring in all over my window controls too.

Also, had my car MOT'd today. Properly clean sheet on it too, despite the current new regulations. So pretty happy with that.

Permabanned
A lot of people on here dislike them, but I find the incredibly useful. Not just when its hot and dry, but stops the rain / screenwash pouring in all over my window controls too.

Also, had my car MOT'd today. Properly clean sheet on it too, despite the current new regulations. So pretty happy with that.
Yup just love when wipers deliver Blueberry screen was inside my car :D

Soldato
*cross-posted with the MX5 thread

Not having a great time with suspension. After the Evo snapped a coil spring, I took the MX5 for it's NCT(MOT) and lo-and-behold, two broken coil springs - one offside front, and the other offside rear - so not even on the same axle.

And of course Koni has discontinued the coilovers now and has no spare parts. I was suprised to hear that they actually subcontracted this coilover out to Vogtland to build originally. Vogtland can't help either.

So i've spent the last two days looking for options. I've managed to get the spring specifications from the TUV document from Koni, except the spring rate.

Koni and their resellers have actually been very helpful - except for being not able to provide specifications for one of their products. One of their reps I believe is going to try and do me a deal on a Koni Sport kit although i'm not optimistic that it will be a decent enough price.

Realistically I have the following options:
  1. Hope the Koni guy comes through with a decent offer.
  2. Pick a close spring rate (I have a ballpark rate from miata.net) and buy new custom springs, which will be fun as the original springs are progressive and appear to have different internal diameters at both ends.
  3. Buy new decent coilovers (which I can't really afford).
  4. Buy new cheap ebay junk coilovers (which i'm not going to do).
Generally a bit baffled though - the roads aren't the best here but I drive with such a high degree of mechanical sympathy so i'm not sure why they've given up.

If anyone has any advice - would be grateful to know!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Attempted to fix a bumper dent on a car I've just bought - think it went ok:-

Before:-
JdKm6hE.jpg

After:-
AnFDuCF.jpg

Replacement bumper protection trim should cover up the small dings on the top edge nicely (gone for a matt black one instead of chrome) :)

Back
Top Bottom