Your pet peeves at work?

Man of Honour
Oh one I'd forgotten - bosses that are all like - "Don't be afraid to use your initiative - don't just keep running to someone else for answers, you won't be in trouble even if you get it wrong - I like to see people using their initiative"

*uses initiative*

Boss loses their **** and all like "If you don't know how to do something ALWAYS ASK ME/SOMEONE yada yada"

Associate
Previous job - "dish washer duty" when never used any dishes (when out to gym each day), filling in pointless "training". Questionares on drink and drive, winter driving, summer driving, wouldnt mind if it was a driving role but it was an office based technical role..company liked ticking all the wrong boxes! Being refused pay review due to "not cleaning" said dishes, and leaving on time each day showed no commitment..

New company, been here 3 years 0 complaints :) best thing i ever did

Permabanned
Oh one I'd forgotten - bosses that are all like - "Don't be afraid to use your initiative - don't just keep running to someone else for answers, you won't be in trouble even if you get it wrong - I like to see people using their initiative"

*uses initiative*

Boss loses their **** and all like "If you don't know how to do something ALWAYS ASK ME/SOMEONE yada yada"

This all the time. It’s always best to ask regardless! Then it was never your fault unless you didn’t take notice of someone else.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There are 3 notes on 2 fridges. Also she has put every one of her fridge items in a separate, sealed bag with her name on. And sent a snotty email!
I can beat that... one chap here keeps his margarine inside a locked petty cash tin inside the fridge.

Associate
Bloody millenials... young lad at work had his dog put down on Friday, which is obviously very sad. If I lost my dog I'd be gutted don't get me wrong.

Today someone asked me to sign a sympathy card for him...erm no, I won't be doing that, sorry... Victor Meldrew mic drop...

Soldato
People who turn up for work one minute early then get cereal out of their desk drawer, scrounge milk from someone then eat a leisurely breakfast at their desk!

Guess what those people, I have breakfast at home because I'm normal and like to be productive at work.

I do this. Doesn't affect my productivity much as I'm usually 15 minutes early and a lot of the work I do in the mornings involves reading and reviewing materials anyway. Come at me bro :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Getting a major rollicking after putting on someone`s leaving card "Glad you are leaving i thought you was a ***t along with everyone else" :)

Soldato
People who turn up for work one minute early then get cereal out of their desk drawer, scrounge milk from someone then eat a leisurely breakfast at their desk!
To be fair I'd imagine that 99% of office workers can spend the first hour or so catching-up/reading emails without needing to actively do anything with half of them. So it's not that big a deal really. I eat my lunch at my desk and continue working, so that I can go out for a swim in my "proper" lunch hour. Would that annoy you because I'm not being as productive as the next person whilst eating? :)

Man of Honour
keeping tea/coffee spoons in a cup of water.

that is vile.

Same thing happens here... It's awful.

I'd also bin this, that's disgusting.

I am currently many, many miles away from my normal office where I've witnessed the above. Here there is a tea/coffee making area, but no sink. We have at least a thousand disposable spoons and we can order more whenever we like at no cost to us.

Today I find this.

2zjeve1.jpg

:o

Soldato
I do this. Doesn't affect my productivity much as I'm usually 15 minutes early and a lot of the work I do in the mornings involves reading and reviewing materials anyway. Come at me bro :D

Doesn't affect productivity much eh?

So you're accepting that your breakfast at work shenanigans do affect your productivity then.

SACK HIM!

Caporegime
Here there is a tea/coffee making area, but no sink. We have at least a thousand disposable spoons and we can order more whenever we like at no cost to us.

Where does the water come from? Do you just have a coffee machine or something?

I can see why people wouldn't want to use disposable spoons, tis a bit wasteful if you've got proper spoons there but yeah ditching them in some dirty cup is pretty disgusting.

Guess what those people, I have breakfast at home because I'm normal and like to be productive at work.

I'm not sure why that would bother you. If you're their manager and worried about productivity then surely just stop being weak and get a grip of them if you don't like it. If you're not their manager then how productive they are isn't really your problem and as long as the food they're eating isn't smelly or they're not some mouth breather type who slurps everything or eats with their mouth open then I don't really see the complaint.

Passive aggressive notes about half a squirt of Nando's perinaisse going missing from the communal fridge.

At one place I worked at earlier in my career my boss used to regularly steal from the fridge. One time he came around to me and the other junior guy and said "does anyone want a can of coke, decided I don't want this one" the other junior guy said yes and was handed it. Then a bit later I hear him say to him "can you hurry up and finish that"... some bloke from another team was going around looking for his can of coke that had gone missing.

Also happened when I wanted a headset for my phone, he said "I'll sort it for you" sure enough a new headset turned up the next day, and some other bloke somewhere else in the office was kicking off about his headset going missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom