FIFA World Cup 2018 - Semi-finals [10/11 July] **spoilers**

Soldato
well it's WC football isn't it, which ref is getting a new villa, and which is getting a new Ferrari. call me a cynic but it's in Russia heh umm how did that ref not see him hand-ball that goal 86? Loadsa Money!

the whole hosting of the WC is all above board for sure.

we still ran out of fitness.

Lets not forget Russia got the WC in the first place by bribing FIFA AND they let it stand knowing years in advance lol

But England's main problem, as in the past, is finishing the easy goals. 1 on 1 with the keeper and still failing just isn't good enough to win a world cup.

Soldato
Well at least now it's only 2 games of we woz robbed instead of one more of its coming home crap. What will the studio do at half time since they won't be able to see what's happening in the England camp now?

Soldato
Yeah its proper souring for me how many of the hyped players out of those on the side seemed to lack any kind of spirit and just kind of drifted through the game. Props to those that did turn up though - I thought it telling how quickly it went downhill for England after Trippier first started to show signs his legs weren't all there :( it was Pickford keeping us in the game all the way on out from there.

I actually for once had little confidence in England as Croatia, despite the group stage, did not impress in knockouts and with extra time looked on a weary side from the start.

They, however, did have that spirit that England has lacked for as long as I remember them playing from 90s onwards. They do also have the players with the creative and accurate delivery into the box that England has lacked this tournament.

Couple that with England's impotence in open play and the constant lapses in concentration, meant their spirit prevailed. They dozed off on two corners and the second goal was just your schoolboy error over two defenders not communicating.

Soldato
I thought it was because it was supposed to be in Belgium but because they didnt have the time and money to get the stadiums up to spec they had to come up with this alternative ?

On 6 December 2012, UEFA announced the 2020 Finals would be held in multiple cities across Europe to mark the 60th anniversary of the tournament. The selection of the host cities does not mean an automatic qualifying berth is awarded to the national team of that nation.
UEFA reasoned that the pan-European staging of the tournament was the logical decision at a time of financial difficulty across Europe.Reaction to UEFA's plan was mixed across Europe.[16] Critics have cited the expanded format (from 31 matches featuring 16 nations to 51 featuring 24) and its associated additional costs as the decisive factor for only one nation (Turkey) having put forward a serious bid.

Soldato
Think that bizarre miss from Harry Kane was the turning point. It turned slowly at first, and we were still on top when the whistle went for half time. Second half and we dropped that little bit deeper and deeper, with the 5-10 minutes before the equaliser we were a shade of the side in the first half.

Thought we just needed a bit more positivity going into the last 20 minutes, and needed a bit of luck to reach ET. Started that well, but Stones header that was cleared off the line seemed to be the stuffing that went out of us. Was really disappointed to see Sterling off the pitch, as Vida was one tackle away from a mistake when up against Raheem.

Soldato
Ref was crap, dunno how half the Croatia team wasn't booked, especially rebic who should have been off for multiple fouls.

Main issue though for England was/has been wasting far too many chances. You simply cannot get away with it at this level.

9 out of 12 England goals this tournament were from set pieces...

Soldato
Ref was crap, dunno how half the Croatia team wasn't booked, especially rebic who should have been off for multiple fouls.

Main issue though for England was/has been wasting far too many chances. You simply cannot get away with it at this level.

9 out of 12 England goals this tournament were from set pieces...

He missed 2 penalties, one for each team. Handball by an England player in the box and an elbow in the face by a Croatian at their end. The linesman missed at least 1 corner as well.

I don't see the point in VAR if they just pick and choose when to use it.

Soldato
1 Jordan Pickford
2 Kyle Walker
3 Danny Rose
4 Eric Dier
5 John Stones
6 Harry Maguire
7 Jesse Lingard
8 Jordan Henderson
9 Harry Kane
10 Raheem Sterling
11 Jamie Vardy
12 Kieran Trippier
13 Jack Butland
14 Danny Welbeck
15 Gary Cahill
16 Phil Jones
17 Fabian Delph

18 Ashley Young
19 Marcus Rashford
20 Dele Alli
21 Ruben Loftus-Cheek
22 Trent Alexander-Arnold
23 Nick Pope

I wonder if Southgate will go for third or let those who haven't played much have a go?

Associate
Capture.png

Amen

Back
Top Bottom