New heaphone amp

Soldato
Unfortunatley my Little Dot mk2 went pop last night. As I realised when Underworld came booming through the speakers at midnight...

Can anyone recommend a headphone amp? I am looking to spend ~£200.

I loved the sound from the Little Dot however I am moving house soon and my 2yr old seems to wish to pull the tubes so it's not the most practicle of devices!

Any suggestions welcome, I'm already thinking Shiit?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Ahhh no Nate not my old Little Dot :( RIP little guy.
Ha Stoke actually the Little Dot lives on...

I assumed it was the headphone amp as the music just switched and came out of the speakers. I was just about to grab that rHead but thought to reseat the connections and all is well again. It has done the switch to the speakers once since but I don't think it's the amp. I think for no other better reason than a hunch it's something to do with the USB connection between the DAC and computer...

Thanks for the suggestions all! I love the sound the Dot makes so cannot justify grabbing the rHead although it does look like a top piece of kit!

Man of Honour
Is Windows 10 in the mix? it will happily update itself and then just change to random settings for audio devices it thinks you might want - ignoring completely what you've actually previously set! or even just reset all settings with the update.

Soldato
OP
Is Windows 10 in the mix? it will happily update itself and then just change to random settings for audio devices it thinks you might want - ignoring completely what you've actually previously set! or even just reset all settings with the update.
Yep Windows 10.

If it happens again I take a look at the event log and see if it is the OS.

Cheers.

Soldato
Windows 10 likes to keep me on my toes and I have now taken to checking the settings every time I turn my Modi Multibit on because sometimes Windows 10 decides to completely ignore it and blast whatever music I start playing out of the speakers instead. When Windows doesn't pick it up I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and then all is right with my neighbours. :D

Back
Top Bottom