TeamGroup. Yay or Nay ?

Associate
Greetings, looking at picking up a 1TB SSD and the deal on the TeamGroup L5 Lite is looking pretty good, but I've personally never heard of them. Are they a reliable manufacturer ? I don't want to drop £180 on a cheaper deal if I'll have to look at replacing it sooner rather than later. If anyone's had experiences with them, good or bad, can you let me know please ?

Thanks

Soldato
They may be a bigger storage brand over the pond but all my DDR4 RAM is TG due to the OCUK prices and no issue with it.

I was thinking of TG storage for my next purchases for SSD as I've been a bit obsessed with Samsung M.2 NVME boot drives and for larger game drives etc. they are overkill in normal use.

Associate
OP
They may be a bigger storage brand over the pond but all my DDR4 RAM is TG due to the OCUK prices and no issue with it.

I was thinking of TG storage for my next purchases for SSD as I've been a bit obsessed with Samsung M.2 NVME boot drives and for larger game drives etc. they are overkill in normal use.
Sounds good, it's for my gaming rig so should be fine hopefully. Keep filling up with games and recordings but need something a bit faster, think it's my only non SSD left now.

Soldato
TG appear to be cheaper at each SSD size for example but yes they only come with 3yr warranties if that's a problem.

OCUK chose to do TG at cheaper prices since they make more margin on the product, look anywhere else and you'll see that tier 1 brands are a similar price to TG here, pure marketing not real value sadly.

Associate
OP
Why bother with Team Group when you can get Samsung/Crucial for the same price or even less? At least you have good manufacturers warranty them.
Just saw a good price and fancied it but never heard of them, I'm by no means finished digging for offers but I've got vouchers to use too and I'm running out of things to pick up lol the only thinks I'm due to upgrade anytime soon are my monitors and this other HDD and I'll be dropping a lot on my next lot of monitors I think

Soldato
Greetings, looking at picking up a 1TB SSD and the deal on the TeamGroup L5 Lite is looking pretty good, but I've personally never heard of them. Are they a reliable manufacturer ? I don't want to drop £180 on a cheaper deal if I'll have to look at replacing it sooner rather than later. If anyone's had experiences with them, good or bad, can you let me know please ?

Thanks

I've been using TeamGroup RAM for years, and installed a couple of their SSDs into other machines, and it's all been solid for a good price. I've got no problems recommending them on my limited experience. I doubt OCUK would make such a big deal about their products if there were reliability issues.

Soldato
while i would try one out myself, you can get a 120gb wdg like what i have for £25 on the zon or the 240gb version for £39, think it might be prime based, im not biased to WD, but they have been some of the better drives ive owned.

Soldato
Fairly sure Team Group are a big brand, doesn't 8 Pack use their memory in his builds? Anyway back to SSDs, I've still got a old OCZ Agility running in one of my laptops and it's not missed a beat in 6 years, I would say buy what you are able (or want to spend) and just make sure you back it up.

Back
Top Bottom