Spyro the Dragon original trilogy remastered

Soldato
Super excited for this, I look forward to more information and comparisons. I’m a little nervous of what they do to the soundtrack. Stewart Copeland done such a good job in the originals and a ‘re-imagined’ soundtrack sounds more like they’ve changed most of it!

Soldato
I only ever really played the (for some reason hidden) demo of Spyro on the Crash 3 disc back in the day, even though I quite enjoyed it. May have to give it a go properly this time.

Soldato
I never had a PS1 so used to play Spyro at a mate's house as a kid and loved it, so really looking forward to this.

Whatever happened to 3D platformers? At one point we had Spyro, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong, Rayman 2 and Conker all released within a few years of each other. Now all we get it is a Mario game every 5 years. Such a shame that the genre is almost dead.

Soldato
OP
I never had a PS1 so used to play Spyro at a mate's house as a kid and loved it, so really looking forward to this.

Whatever happened to 3D platformers? At one point we had Spyro, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong, Rayman 2 and Conker all released within a few years of each other. Now all we get it is a Mario game every 5 years. Such a shame that the genre is almost dead.

True it certainly had it's hay day back then. However Indies seem to try to keep it alive too, a hat in time looks pretty good. I'm not usually one for remasters but I do welcome these due to the absence of the genre

Associate

Closest we get to it now is yooka-laylee but it really doesn't touch on any of the original 3d platformers

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom