Monster Hunter World PC (The official?)

Associate
I could not find a thread in the first 6 pages of the games forums, so if there is one, my apologies and I shall try to delete this thread. But in case there's is not, I thought I'd start one.

Surprised no one has talked about this yet. it just released, a few hours ago, on steam. I got a cheap(ish) version for 36 GBP and thought I'd give it a try.

Played the game for about 20 minutes, first impressions of the game itself are good apart from issues with it being a port (when is there not issues with console ports!). Little graphical control, no Motion Blur and DoF settings, they are on all the time and DoF especially is turning the background to a pretty blurry mess. Mouse smoothing seems odd, again no settings I could spot. But biggest problem for me is no native 21:9 support, just black border in full screen or border-less window mode. Hopefully some of the community members will find a solution to this. Until then, I will probably not give it another try as I feel like I will spoil it.

If you have and played it, feel free to add your comments here on the game. Keep it clean and on point please. Cheers

Associate
Must admit I was surprised there was no thread also. 240k in-game at the moment as well.. I watched ACG's review & whilst I was tempted it's not really my thing.

Soldato
Played it on the PS4. Never played a MH prior to it. Absolutely amazing game played best with mates and highly addictive. Would really recommend.

They've been constantly adding content since I stopped playing. Might need to revisit it.

Soldato
Got the game, cannot run it due to stupid Denuvo DRM employed with the game!!

The bloody DRM has higher CPU requirement to run than the game itself!! It need processor with FMA3 support so minimum AMD Piledriver (2nd gen FX or later) and Intel Haswell (Core i 4000 series or later)!!

This is bloody stupid!!

You have ONE job Capcom! One job! And you managed to mess this up!

Associate
Played it on the PS4. Never played a MH prior to it. Absolutely amazing game played best with mates and highly addictive. Would really recommend.

They've been constantly adding content since I stopped playing. Might need to revisit it.

Same here, played it to the end credits on PS4. The only PS4 game I have completed.
Wish I had held off until the PC release but the gap was just too big.
Loved the SOS flare system, and never had any trouble firing it off and watching team Japan come crush whatever was eating me alive.

I will re-visit on PC once the price comes down, as it must look stunning.

Associate
I've had about 2-3 hours on it now, and like what I've played. Saying that, it took me an hour to get through the character creation and the intro :p

First Monster Hunter I've played, so don't really know what I'm doing. If anyone else wants to try teaming up at some point (all noobs together!), let me know :)

Soldato
Recommend it too, Beware there is no ultrawide support and no plans for it ever.

There will be steam workshop support later it seems, With possible UW Mod for that too.

Otherwise great game, Played it on PS4 and now doing 80fps on my little 1060 ;p

Associate

The bloody DRM has higher CPU requirement to run than the game itself!! It need processor with FMA3 support so minimum AMD Piledriver (2nd gen FX or later) and Intel Haswell (Core i 4000 series or later)!!

This is bloody stupid!!

as posted in cpu section - works on my 2500k, so it's not the cpu. Can't remember if it went over 8gb ram last night, so might be that (looking at your sig)

(famous last words, as it will fail to work tonight)

Associate

This is bloody stupid!!

check for a patch as it sounds like it's an old bug that has been fixed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHun...u9a/pc_launch_information_megathread/e3vhh7u/

Associate
Played this on the PS4, it's a very good game. For one reason or another I never got to finish it, so might take a look on PC once the price drops a little and a few patches have been released.

Soldato
It looks like £31 is the cheapest price around - anyone seen better? I do want to pick this up as I missed it on PS4.

Soldato
played a bit last night. It's nice being able to get the framerate nice and smooth compared to on the xbox version.

8700k + 1070 + 1440p g-sync monitor. Turned off volumetric lighting, AA and one other setting + no v-sync or framerate limit. It goes between 70-80 fps and is very smooth to play.

Soldato
My friend bought me this and a copy for himself. I used to talk to him about monster hunter years ago in the psp days.

He has never played it and wants to play together he’s waiting until I build a pc to play (some time next month :D).

Excited to say the least!

Associate
I'm a big Dark Souls and games of that ilk so jumped right into this because thought this would be right up my street, but the combat feels very disconnected and imprecise. I'll persevere but I'm struggling to enjoying it.

Associate
Lack of 21:9 support is annoying but isn't stopping me from getting stuck in and playing. Bit of a first world problem really. Really enjoying it so far!

Back
Top Bottom