Is the Amazon Fire 10" Tablet worth getting?

Soldato
I was thinking the other day that it would be great to be able to read websites and e-books when on the couch or in bed and was looking around and the Amazon Fire 10" tablet seems to be at a decent price.

Would you recommend it for reading e-books and websites when trying to relax? I've got so much stuff I need to read that it is becoming a bit difficult to do it all at my computer.

emu

emu

Associate
picked one up for the missus who is an apple fan and she loves it . Good screen and battery life and a few quick hacks and you have full google play store .

Soldato
My missus also has one and is a fan but when browsing the internet she does moan its slower than shes used to but she has an iphone 8 for comparison (which is a little unfair, the i8 has a faster chip and is at least 5x the price!) but interface wise and functionality she loves it and uses it for video streaming, gaming and reading ebooks / magazines.

I must look at getting Google Play installed for her.

Soldato
OP
picked one up for the missus who is an apple fan and she loves it . Good screen and battery life and a few quick hacks and you have full google play store .

My missus also has one and is a fan but when browsing the internet she does moan its slower than shes used to but she has an iphone 8 for comparison (which is a little unfair, the i8 has a faster chip and is at least 5x the price!) but interface wise and functionality she loves it and uses it for video streaming, gaming and reading ebooks / magazines.

I must look at getting Google Play installed for her.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've decided I'm going to get one. £30 a month for five months is too good of a deal to miss. I'm just a little bit concerned that Amazon is going to release a new model soon but given I'll just be using it to read PDFs, ebooks and websites I guess it isn't a significant problem.

It having an SD card is a big bonus.

Soldato
OP
I got the 8" version instead. It arrived today, and I set it all up. I'm pleased with the tablet as I never realised there were so many classics available in Kindle format for free on Amazon. I downloaded about 50 books. It should keep me occupied for a year or so given how little I read.

It also seems to work fine reading PDF files using Adobe Acrobat Reader and the Tidal music streaming app also works fine. All in all, I'm pleased and can't complain about the price. For a reading device, it is perfect. Add in a 128GB microSD card, and it is a total win.

Back
Top Bottom