is it worth to buy modi mic 4 ??

Associate
hi i want to one from these 2 modi mic 4 and blue yeti but i dont which to buy

first i want to say that i dont do recordings and i dont do streams

i want to buy one from these 2 for games,, skype facebook and dichord and to talk with my friends

also i want to say that i have mechanical keyboard with brown keys

so which to buy from these 2 please??

how is the quality when you play games and skype and facebook?? can you tell me please??
some people told me that modmic 4 is not good as yeti

some another people say that modmci 4 is better from yeti

i dont know what to buy

first i want to say that i dont do recordings and i dont do streams

i want to buy one from these 2 for games,, skype facebook and dichord and to talk with my friends

Soldato
Those saying that they prefer one over the other; have they actually used both, or are they just saying that because that is what they own?

Many people will say something is better, because that is what they have and they have a biased opinion towards it, without even trying the other.

I have used neither, but my gut would say the Yeti is a better microphone. Just for gaming and VOIP, is it worth spending 3x as much on the Yeti over the Modmic?

Soldato
From a practical point of view I prefer a desktop mic. I have the modmic 4 and while it sounds pretty good, the magnet sticky thing and the extra cable are pretty annoying.

Associate
OP
skype and facebook?? aRE VERY GOOD WITH MODIC 4/??

SCOTT??

how is the quality when you play games and skype and facebook?? can you tell me please??

WHAT YOU MEAN the magnet sticky thing and the extra cable are pretty annoying??

YOU MEAN THAT YETI IS NOT GOOD??

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Yeti is fine for Skype, Discord whatever.
It sits on your desk and can pick up keyboard noise.

The modmic is a stick on / magnet attached to your headset.

Completely different items.

Associate
OP
so to buy modic for Skype, Discord facebook and gaming>?>?

also i have one another question there are 2 kinds of modic 4 omni and uni

which to buy from these 2./?> please??

if i buy modmic i have to buy and this adapter?? USB External Stereo Sound Adapter??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFNWvqWhn4

because in this video this person said that without the Sabrent Aluminum is not good

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Not sure the omni is available anymore. Both mute and muteless versions of the V4 are both uni, that I can see.

Not that it matters as uni is the better choice anyway, because it's better at cancelling unwanted noise. Uni means it picks up audio from one direction, whereas omni picks up audio from multiple directions.

I think the Sabrent USB audio adaptor is a good choice. I've seen some other member on the forum suggest that people getting a Modmic should also get the Sabrent audio adaptor as well, as it improves the quality. Reason being is that plugging the Modmic into the motherboard, it uses the onboard audio, which sometimes is not very good for microphone audio quality. Essentially the Sabrent is a super cheap USB sound card, which can help improve the audio over the motherboard's onboard audio.

Soldato
if i buy modmic i have to buy and this adapter?? USB External Stereo Sound Adapter??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFNWvqWhn4

because in this video this person said that without the Sabrent Aluminum is not good

I think the Sabrent USB audio adaptor is a good choice
Possibly no longer.
At least in one point Sabrent apparently used downgraded sound chip:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/18-...sound-card-fix-static-noise.html#post26378509
That's the problem of China brands.

ModMic Business which is uni-directional mute swtich equipped ModMic4 would come bundled with USB adapter.

Soldato
Well TBH, for £6 or whatever it costs, I wouldn't have thought it would be any improvement over onboard audio. Maybe it's not so much about the sound quality of the Sabrent being better than onboard audio, but maybe more about some interference being heard when using onboard audio and none when using the Sabrent.

I've only used cheap Speelink and Zalman microphones with my onboard, which is nothing special at all, and that did a decent job.

Back
Top Bottom