Wheel arch scuff

Soldato
My other half just phoned me, her TT was scuffed in the gym car park. She's had the CCTV checked and they can't see the car.

First time we've had any scuffs on our cars - how would one normally approach this type of repair? Could take it back to Audi and be charged an arm and a leg but could this type of work be done on the drive as a smart repair?

The car is less than 6 months old so preparing myself for the main dealer option.

IMG_5189_2_zpsyhkxdick.jpg

Last edited:
Don
Hard to tell if that has gone through the paint or is just paint transfer from a white car?

If it's paint transfer then it's worth giving it a go with some polish/cutting compound to remove the majority of the transfer and then see what state it's in

Don
The car is less than 6 months old so preparing myself for the main dealer option.

Body shop will likely want to respray the whole panel - I would expect somewhere in the region of £300-£400.

Worth bearing in mind that any warranty claims relating to paint/corrosion could potentially be voided if you use a non-audi certified repairer.

I had a wing and door edge repainted on my A3 a few years back, Audi's preferred option was to use Nationwide crash repair, however I sourced a quote from a VW Dealership bodyshop in another Town (who held Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat repair certifications) and it was almost half the price.

Back
Top Bottom