Galaxy Tab S4

Soldato
OP
I just got a play with the S4 in Currys and I actually really like it. My interest was also caught by an offer in store saying "extra £50 off when trading in a qualifying tablet". I tried to clarify what I would get for my S2 but the salesperson had a right attitude on, trying to tell me that the price reduction would be £50 for any tablet. :p

I'll maybe try again with a different salesperson tomorrow when they go on sale.

Associate
I've recently been looking for a tablet to replace my mum's 6 year old ipad. I think I've settled on getting her a Huawei MediaPad 5 10inch which seems to blow everything away at its price point. You may want to look into that

Permabanned
If this included SD845 and 6GB of memory I would have considered it, it's funny how a cheap Chinese phone gets both but Samsung's flagship tablet does not.

Soldato
If this included SD845 and 6GB of memory I would have considered it, it's funny how a cheap Chinese phone gets both but Samsung's flagship tablet does not.

Yeah they are pretty much just offloading old components yet charging a premium for it and hoping nobody notices! **** take!

Soldato
Anyone got any idea how long it takes them to post the keyboard cover ? Got it free on the pre order promotion but not recieved yet :(

I've did a pre-order for the Galaxy Watch for delivery 07/09 you get a free promotional dual charger and Samsung are stating to be delivered on 28th Sept ...think its so you don't return the device and keep the freebie

Soldato
That's hardly a like for like comparison.

Why? The iPad is better is nearly every way for half the price. The A10 is demonstrably more powerful the S835, the Pencil is far superior to the S-Pen, the battery like on the iPad is better and iOS is better as a tablet OS.
For the record I hate Apple products and iOS but the S4 is simply grossly over priced whichever way you look at it.

Soldato
OP
Why? The iPad is better is nearly every way for half the price. The A10 is demonstrably more powerful the S835, the Pencil is far superior to the S-Pen, the battery like on the iPad is better and iOS is better as a tablet OS.
For the record I hate Apple products and iOS but the S4 is simply grossly over priced whichever way you look at it.

I had a look at the cheaper iPad and you can tell right away why it's cheaper. The 10.5" iPad pro is double the price for a reason, and that's where the comparison lies with the Tab S4. As for iOS versus Android, that's subjective... I just boosted my storage with a simple sdcard, you won't do that with any ipad.

I know the S4 has flaws, but trying to compare it with Apple's entry level iPad is going a bit far.

Soldato
the Pencil is far superior to the S-Pen,
Agree with your other points but what makes you say the above?

Yes I agree the TabS4 is overpriced - about £200 too much for what it is. Samsung are milking it as they are the only ones offering a premium android tablet.

Soldato
The iPad is better from a price point yes I completely agree however it does also come down to IOS vs Android. Some folks want a device they can transfer films/photos/mp3s to without the faff of connecting it to some 90's antiquated bit of software. If you're going on holiday like I did 2 months ago and and require movies on the go, I know what I'd take in a heartbeat and it wasn't my wifes iPad.

Samsung have and have always had the android tablet market to themselves - ever since Google and Nvidia pulled out of it. It is a shame because my Pixel C is a superb device and google being google just ignored it like they always do their products.

Back
Top Bottom