Samsung 860 EVO 2.5 Vs 970 EVO M.2 ?

Underboss
Just looked up SSDs (as i fancy another bigger one to use as main, and current ssd to go as a secondary)

Whats the differences between these two apart from the 970 says its a lot faster ?

is the 860 more reliable?

970 prices wise is not that much more

Soldato
Just looked up SSDs (as i fancy another bigger one to use as main, and current ssd to go as a secondary)
Whats the differences between these two apart from the 970 says its a lot faster ?

is the 860 more reliable?

970 prices wise is not that much more

Well the 860 is an SSD, max speeds of 6gb/s

and the 970 is an nvme SSD drive, it uses PCI Express lanes direct to the CPU just like the graphics cards so as long as your motherboard supports it, the difference between the 2 is like going from an mechanical hard drive to an SSD......MASSIVE......32gb/s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4azWiBh1cc

Last edited:
Soldato
so my motherboard can take an M2. NVMe
but if you look at my photo, I cant see it will fit ?

its just top left of the RAM, next to the big fan over the cpu that you can see

tJDQfSk.jpg.png

Looks like it will fit fine to me, they are tiny drives, about the size of a stick of gum, looking at the slot, it looks like a full length slot to me.

Only remove that whole thumb screw if its too long and you need to shorten it a bit, ie move it to hole 2 instead of 3, its basically a stand off for the nvme drive, there is a very tiny little screw in top of that, remove that one, put in your nvme drive and that tiny screw is what clamps it down, whatever you do, don't loose it, they are a nightmare to the the right size replacement.

Back
Top Bottom