Temtem (Pokémon Inspired MMO)

Associate

Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure inspired by Pokémon. Seek adventure at the lovely Airborne Archipelago along your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your house, join a friend's adventure or explore the online living-world.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this! It looks like a legit alternative to Pokémon for other platforms, although it will see a release on the Switch also.

The deluxe version of the game gives you access to the alpha in November. The game will enter early access on Steam in September 2019, and will release on all platforms in May 2020.

Associate
OP
Does this not fall foul of copywright laws? Seems to be an almost exact rip off.

This is one of the most frequently asked questions:

Isn’t Nintendo going to block this game?
There is not a single indication that that’s going to happen. We’re already registered Nintendo developers, we have a game released on Switch (Immortal Redneck), and our relationship with them is good. We’re not using any patents or copyrights from any other company, everything in Temtem is made from scratch.

Also, there are a lot of games heavily inspired by Nintendo titles on Switch and DS -- Brawlout (Super Smash Bros), Jump Ultimate Stars (Super Smash Bros), Wargroove (Advance Wars), Oceanhorn (Zelda), Blossom Tales (Zelda), Crystal Monsters (Pokémon)...

TPCI is known for their takedowns but they’ve only taken down games using their IP and designs and, like we said, we’re not using any of those. There are many creature-collection games (both fanmade and commercial) out there.

Associate
OP
lol @ inspired. There is taking inspiration from something and then there's just a straight knock off!

Except it looks better than any Pokémon game in recent years! I have no sympathy for Game Freak or Nintendo. People have been asking for a Pokémon MMO for years, and they've continued to ignore us! Instead there's Let's Go, Pikachu! Another remake that nobody asked for!

Soldato
Except it looks better than any Pokémon game in recent years! I have no sympathy for Game Freak or Nintendo. People have been asking for a Pokémon MMO for years, and they've continued to ignore us! Instead there's Let's Go, Pikachu! Another remake that nobody asked for!
I agree it does look a lot better actually. Still a knock off though :p

Back
Top Bottom