Best Case £90 budget. Needs to fit 2080, X62 Kraken etc..

Associate
What case would you guys recommend for £90 or under?

Just needs to fit something the length of a RTX 2080 and a 280mm AIO (kraken X62 for example) or Noc D15 if i dont go AIO.

Wont be overclocking just gaming, streaming etc

Id actually prefer it not to have RGB and i dont require a side window. I care more about best cooling / features for money and to lesser extent noise.

Have bought RAM, already have PSU. Going to buy SSD and CASE this week, then 9700k/mobo/gpu when they drop.

Associate
Fractal design meshify c.

Define c if you absolutely have to have no window, but you sacrifice the front airflow a bit.

The meshify will have better airflow obviously due to the style of the front intake. Both the cases have no rgb, define c can be windowless and meshify can have a dark tint or clear window. Dark would probably suit you if you are thinking of cases without windows since the tint would obscure anything not lit up and i'm guessing you'll be turning off any rgb on components.

There have been good deals on both in the past, right now both are listed under £90 @ overclockers. May be cheaper elsewhere, i didnt check. I know they've been as low as 60-70.

I think the meshify is a solid option.

There are other cheaper cases for sure, but the meshify would be my pick for build quality, airflow and the space inside for cooling / components vs its overall footprint.

If you need larger theres also the define s which like the define c can be ordered without a window. Though imo the define s has a lot of wasted internal space. It is also under £90.

Soldato
Meshify will need new front intake fans to overcome theresistance from the mesh/filter.

I got two of the phanteks 140mm mp fans. Twofor about £17 in the bundle. Dropped my internal temps by 10c and much nicer sound profile (quieter too).

Would assume the define would need the same.

Associate
OP
Did you find one you liked?

Long story, ordered phanteks enthoo pro m but cancelled due to not realising it was the basic one with no filter on bottom etc. Lucky was told on here before dispatched, waiting on refund. In mean time 2080 bench marks didnt impress me so picked up a 2nd hand 1080ti for £499.

Decided to save some cash keep my old full tower nzxt case, will give it a good clean maybe add a extra fan or two.

I have a new SSD samsung 860 ready to install. Going to OC my current old 2500k untill 9700k get released then buy thermalright True Spirit 140 Power CPU cooler, ram and mobo.

Associate
Long story, ordered phanteks enthoo pro m but cancelled due to not realising it was the basic one with no filter on bottom etc. Lucky was told on here before dispatched, waiting on refund. In mean time 2080 bench marks didnt impress me so picked up a 2nd hand 1080ti for £499.

Decided to save some cash keep my old full tower nzxt case, will give it a good clean maybe add a extra fan or two.

I have a new SSD samsung 860 ready to install. Going to OC my current old 2500k untill 9700k get released then buy thermalright True Spirit 140 Power CPU cooler, ram and mobo.

Its going to feel like a whole new machine after all that!

Despite the exterior not changing i mean. I know it will be a new machine on the inside :D

Back
Top Bottom