Stan & Ollie

Soldato
Even when it said his name, I still couldn't make the connection.
For his sake, I really hope that's all make up and not method acting!

Film looks great and lovingly made.

Caporegime
Can’t wait. Adore L&H. My earliest memories are watching their films on video with my dad, they made me laugh so much.

Movie looks good and Reilly looks like a great Hardy. Coogan’s voice is good, but I don’t know if he suits the part of Stan Laurel. I’ll wait and see, but I feel there may have been a better choice out there somewhere. However, I’m already sniffing a possible Oscar or two here, probably for Reilly.

Soldato
It's actually reminded me that I've had this boxset sitting around for years and only watched a couple... Mind you, one of them was the brilliant one where they get sent to Oxford Uni as a reward for accidentally foiling a bank robbery.

klkgrt.jpg

Time to crack on with some of these!

Caporegime
OP

This sketch was always brilliant, remember seeing it for the first time a few years back and in tears laughing at how over the top it got. :D

Man of Honour
It's actually reminded me that I've had this boxset sitting around for years and only watched a couple... Mind you, one of them was the brilliant one where they get sent to Oxford Uni as a reward for accidentally foiling a bank robbery.

klkgrt.jpg

Time to crack on with some of these!

Great box set. However, don't watch the colourised versions. Stick to the original black and white.

Soldato
Hmm. Have a bad feeling about this one. Want it to be great..but I dont associate Steve Coogan with 'movie greatness' I'm afraid. JCR perhaps. Just has a middling kind of vibe to it. There's talk they are aiming for awards season, but can't see it myself...not from that.

And, um, it's clearly just pretty decent prosthetics, but can't tell if posters above are being serious.

Permabanned
Interesting to see where the drama will be, unlike Abbott and Costello or Lewis and Martin there were no break ups or
jealousies, Stan and Ollie were always best buds from the get go, no fall outs.

Stan did the writing and creating, and Ollie played golf. :D

Man of Honour
Strangely I really want to see this. I have such find memories of watching them when I was a kid. It's a shame they aren't repeated nowadays and, because of that, I suspect the audience for the film will be limited. But I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom