• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Caporegime
Of course, ppl take this #@*& way to seriously, ridiculous amount of hate around here most of the time, you get to know who you can bants with and who are just disgustingly fanboyed.

I'm sure it'll be a good card, but at that price so it bloody should be. Cue the double standards around here though, high power, high noise and a crazy hot card will all of a sudden be acceptable :p

I was going to get one, but got a 1080ti instead, I can't justify those prices, killing the high end pc gaming market and I'm not supporting that.
Yer, some get so wrapped up, they forget that we are all enthusiasts. Watched a vid earlier and deffo runs hotter than the 1080Ti but not by much, although when RT is running, I imagine heat will be quite a bit higher. Not fussed about power draw and never have been, so long as adequate cooling is in place and I am far too lazy to go custom loop, so better be ample cooling.

Soldato
Yer, some get so wrapped up, they forget that we are all enthusiasts. Watched a vid earlier and deffo runs hotter than the 1080Ti but not by much, although when RT is running, I imagine heat will be quite a bit higher. Not fussed about power draw and never have been, so long as adequate cooling is in place and I am far too lazy to go custom loop, so better be ample cooling.

Upgrade the thermal paste, easy 5c gain if it doesn't void warranty.

Permabanned
Until everything inside starts heating up due to the blanket of dust it's all covered in :p

Needs guards to prevent accidental fan touching and dust protection
I dont bealive in either of them Dust protectors or fan protectors. When I get home ill pop you a photo of 1 year of 24/7 operation on my pc. No dust. Well if someone lives in some warehouse basement generally uncleaned dumpster i guess he gets dust

Associate
**** just made myself a pint of tea to settle in for the reviews only to then realise that it is 2pm BST not 2pm CEST, so I have another hour to wait! Oh well maybe the tea will simply be replaced by a pint at that point lol.

Associate
I dont bealive in either of them Dust protectors or fan protectors. When I get home ill pop you a photo of 1 year of 24/7 operation on my pc. No dust. Well if someone lives in some warehouse basement generally uncleaned dumpster i guess he gets dust

Two dogs, two cats, two kids, the PC in the living room along with the rest of the room gets dusty without a good filter. You don't have to live in a dumster to get dust sport. Not everyone has your lifestyle, for better or worse.

Soldato
Been looking into the developer stuff, quite tempted by a 2080 now, the NGX documentation is intriguing, although a bit thin on the ground.

I'd be really interested to see if I can build a model for generating erosion on my procedural terrain generator system...

2080 dispatched here too.... Might even get it before the weekend .... But oh wait I've pulled my back at work , typing this laying on the floor knowing it's likely it won't be installed this week now :(

Tough times.

Normally I'd work from home to wait for delivery.. But Im holding interviews packed for next 2 days. Looks like I'll be picking it up from collection office.

Back
Top Bottom