New Toyota Supra formally announced

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Supposedly 1500kg, so on par with my estate car.
Hardly appropriate for a supposed "sports car".
Have to say that regardless of the engine, the Alpine impresses me more and would be where my money would go.

Soldato
The Mk IV weighed around that though?

1585kg claimed for the manual, 1595kg for the automatic. A bit bigger than a GT86 (about 30cm longer but the same width, as far as I can tell, across the mirrors).

New 'Supra' looks like it should be a similar size to the Mk4, as a result. Mk4 was more a GT, though, not a sports car.

1500kg isn't much, these days. A base 718 Cayman w/PDK weighs 1460kg, for example.

OcUK Staff
Supposedly 1500kg, so on par with my estate car.
Hardly appropriate for a supposed "sports car".
Have to say that regardless of the engine, the Alpine impresses me more and would be where my money would go.

Yep I can see the Alpine been one of the most "FUN FACTOR" modern cars you can buy for your money, other than something more extreme like a Caterham, fantastic job by Alpine, not 100% on the looks, but it looks unique and I guess that was there goal and at 1100kg with mid-engine, 250+ horsepower it has got to be huge fun, I think my Clio is fun, well it is, but the Alpine will be on another level again. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Quite. The new Supra seems to fit far more into the "GT" category than sports car. Shame really, as there's not actually that many lightweight sports cars, and tons of GTs.

Soldato
1585kg claimed for the manual, 1595kg for the automatic. A bit bigger than a GT86 (about 30cm longer but the same width, as far as I can tell, across the mirrors).

New 'Supra' looks like it should be a similar size to the Mk4, as a result. Mk4 was more a GT, though, not a sports car.

1500kg isn't much, these days. A base 718 Cayman w/PDK weighs 1460kg, for example.

Looks taller than a gt86, especially at the front (the gt86 has a very low bonnet thanks to the flat engine). But then it's always hard to tell on camera.

Back
Top Bottom