Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Soldato
4 is amazing. I never really played 5. I hated 6 it just felt all wrong. 7 is a return to form although completely different to everything that has gone before.

Associate
4 is amazing. I never really played 5. I hated 6 it just felt all wrong. 7 is a return to form although completely different to everything that has gone before.

I heard that the fourth instalment was one of the best. I'm pretty sure the original was released on the game cube, which I did not have at the time.

I've just realised that it is available on steam, so guess I'll give it a go shortly.

Soldato
I've been playing the RE 1 HD game all day. The movement and camera changes are a bit ropey and the ******* inventory management is hellish but it's still great. I got the first mask but Richard died because I was too slow ( I didn't realize that was a thing with the serum hey ho). I'm going to play 0 as well which I've never played before.

Caporegime
I didn't like zero when it first came out.

Couldn't even tell you why to be honest but I never completed it. I recently watched a YouTube "All cutscenes and story" playthrough and didn't feel I missed much at all to be honest.

Associate
RE4 did indeed come out on Gamecube as a timed exclusive, I remember when it came to PS2.. I had it with the metal case but they did a pack where it came with some trippy chainsaw controller!!

4 is a classic
5 is only ok, it's a decent play through but not their finest hour
6 is diabolical and I never even entertained finishing it
7 is great but for me it doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game, too far detached from the series.

Caporegime
I imported RE4 GameCube version from Japan as I was so pumped about it, you had to buy a special disc to load first to get over the region lock :p

Think it came out a good 6 months early over there, I wasn't going to wait that long.

Associate
I've been playing the RE 1 HD game all day. The movement and camera changes are a bit ropey and the ******* inventory management is hellish but it's still great. I got the first mask but Richard died because I was too slow ( I didn't realize that was a thing with the serum hey ho). I'm going to play 0 as well which I've never played before.
You also get the assault shotgun from Richard I believe if you had of gotten the serum to him

Last edited:
Associate
RE1 remake, 2, 3 and 4 are great! 5 is boring! 6 is TERRIBLE! Made no fudging sense! 7 is good but I agree doesn't feel like a RE game.... LOVE LOVE the new RE2 remake trailer! Far too excited. Leon is so hot and I'm loving a more anxious Leon compared to RE4

Caporegime
DF Retro released a good video on the weekend about the original Resident Evil 2 and all the versions available

Because of this, I came to be aware of a japanese only PC release of the game in 2006 called 'Biohazard 2 SourceNext', and the 'REbirth' project which is the best way to play the game. It supports modern controllers, you can change the resolution, the FMV is quite decent, scene transitions are instant, door 'loading' screens can be skipped etc etc

http://appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/

WHAT’S CLASSIC REBIRTH?
Classic REbirth is the label given to my PC patches for Resident Evil / Biohazard, currently supporting the first two games.

WHAT DOES THIS DO?
This patch DLL has three purposes: the main one is to translate Biohazard 2 SourceNext into English, then you get fixes for modern Windows (like xinput support or Win10 lag removal), the final feature is to provide extended mod support with custom code and data that doesn’t interfere with the game’s original files or executable (i.e. a mod and the original game can coexist just fine). On the matter of mod support, if a mod archive is detected the game will show a dialog window before boot, providing a prompt of which version to play, otherwise it goes straight to the vanilla game.

So I played through Leons campaign yesterday, having not played it for about 20 years! It actually still stands up pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom