Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Associate
I would drop to 3000mhz and fine tune the tRFC variable, that for me got me bandwidth figures equivalent to about 3100 on the XMP timings, so I only lost half of the difference between 3000 and 3200. I wouldnt bother trying to recover with CAS etc. those for me had negligible impact on memory bandwidth. I am not surprised a 4 dimm user is having these problems.

Also try dropping CR to 2T, that seems more of an ego setting than having any measurable performance impact.

DDR4 is not like DDR3 it is a lot more finicky when it comes to adjusting timings and takes a lot more time.

Soldato
Only just got around to testing the new system as I've been busy moving house!
Thanks for mentioning the Ryzen RAM calculator.
Managed to run at 3200MHz with Fast settings and 1 pass of memtest with no errors (all I had time for).
I know it's not going to be completely stable but what's the minimum time/number of passes to run memtest before increasing the OC? As obviously I don't want to wait 4 hours in between each change or whatever.

Associate
Running the 8 Pack 3200Mhz T Force Dark Pro at default settings and no problems atm. Am i missing out on anything by not overclocking etc? Happy with how it is right now, not too keen on memory overclocking as i know it can be a ballache.

2700X is at 4.1Ghz All Cores @ 1.2875v (in BIOS).

I probably need a better cooler for higher clocks to be honest, can do 4.2Ghz All Cores @ 1.3500v but temps going into the 70c's is something that irritates me :p

I have 2x ML 120 Pro's on the H75 AIO.

Soldato
Only just got around to testing the new system as I've been busy moving house!
Thanks for mentioning the Ryzen RAM calculator.
Managed to run at 3200MHz with Fast settings and 1 pass of memtest with no errors (all I had time for).
I know it's not going to be completely stable but what's the minimum time/number of passes to run memtest before increasing the OC? As obviously I don't want to wait 4 hours in between each change or whatever.

i just did two hours and off i go. play some games etc

try gunning for 3333hz , might actually get away with changing speed and nothing else !

save 3200 bios profile though before hand :)

Soldato
Running the 8 Pack 3200Mhz T Force Dark Pro at default settings and no problems atm. Am i missing out on anything by not overclocking etc? Happy with how it is right now, not too keen on memory overclocking as i know it can be a ballache.

2700X is at 4.1Ghz All Cores @ 1.2875v (in BIOS).

I probably need a better cooler for higher clocks to be honest, can do 4.2Ghz All Cores @ 1.3500v but temps going into the 70c's is something that irritates me :p

I have 2x ML 120 Pro's on the H75 AIO.

4.2ghz @ 1.35v is brilliant and hitting temps of 70oC, id blatantly try and push that chip beyond 4.2ghz, you have loads of headroom there, mine does 4.2ghz at 1.36v, gets upto about 70oC too, I don't have much time during the week to mess with testing etc, but come the weekend, i'll ramp the voltage upto 1.4v and see if she gives me anything extra.

I have the ram kit running at 3400mhz, 14-15-15-31-1T, Gear down disabled, power down disabled, I just left everything else on Auto, just left memtestx64 running all night, 7 hours no errors, got up in the morning and ran Google stress test for 2 hours, way tougher than any version of memtest, no errors, I don't really overclock ram either unless its a dead easy one to shoot for and 3400mhz was dead easy to get.

I then ran Prime95 26.6 blend which a lot of people will tell you is a waste of time, but Small FFT's just loop over and over every 2 hours, and don't touch the ram, the size fits easily into the CPU cache, blend on the other hand does one pass of Small FFTs staring at 8K passes, then a Large for RAM, then a Small for CPU, then a Large for RAM, so on and so forth, the longer you run it the bigger the problem size gets, ran it for 8 and a half hours on Saturday afternoon into Saturday evening whilst I was out, came home and it was still going.

2 days to get my system overclocked and stable exactly how I want it on an MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC, finished off with 8 hours of Realbench overnight, when I had the ASUS CH7 I was fighting for a week just to get the ram stable and it wouldn't get my CPU to 4.2ghz even at 1.425v, nearly threw the damn thing out the window, I was pulling my hair out with it, ASUS never again.

Last edited:
Soldato
i just did two hours and off i go. play some games etc

try gunning for 3333hz , might actually get away with changing speed and nothing else !

save 3200 bios profile though before hand :)

How did you know??! Wizard!
Booted into Windows without a hitch. I'll memtest it for 1 pass now.

After the 3200MHz, I did try straight to 3600Mhz Safe settings, but it didn't boot.

Edit: :( Any thoughts?

IMG_20180925_223849.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
How did you know??! Wizard!
Booted into Windows without a hitch. I'll memtest it for 1 pass now.

After the 3200MHz, I did try straight to 3600Mhz Safe settings, but it didn't boot.

Edit: :( Any thoughts?

IMG_20180925_223849.jpg

This kit won't do 3400mhs with its stock timings.

Set it to 14-15-15-31-1T gear down disabled, power down disabled 3400mhz 1.4v, anything higher than 3400mhz and you'll need to enable gear down mode.

Also try raise the ram volts, I have mine running at 1.4v

1 pass of memtest86 isn't anywhere near enough, I doubt if even after one pass your ram is even up to temp, memtest86 is easy to pass, so if you are getting errors that early, then you are very very unstable

Last edited:
Soldato
board and chip will be factors, used both the Aorus 7, Hero x470 and B450 Aorus and was only able to hit 3400hz with the B450 and 3700+ with the flagship x470s. just the nature of design etc .

by the way. little fact for AMD users. Specially when AMD add AGESA updates ....

AMD do not state fully in their coding or disclose it to Board vendors , what happens is MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE etc copy and attach that code into their bios and thats it. they have no idea how much it will effect their own bios tweaks . Why you find some users who update a BIOS that has AGESA update and find their ram kits no longer work . Board vendors aren't able to retest hundreds of kits for each microcode updates along with other features . INTEL doesn't operate this way .

If upon next pending AGESA update by any chance you find your @8 Pack kit not working like it did or any other kits for that matter, mention on here or contact reps/ vendor forums as this will help them correct .

Soldato
Should I be keeping a static CPU clock? Or does it not matter?

This kit won't do 3400mhs with its stock timings.

Set it to 14-15-15-31-1T gear down disabled, power down disabled 3400mhz 1.4v, anything higher than 3400mhz and you'll need to enable gear down mode.

Also try raise the ram volts, I have mine running at 1.4v

1 pass of memtest86 isn't anywhere near enough, I doubt if even after one pass your ram is even up to temp, memtest86 is easy to pass, so if you are getting errors that early, then you are very very unstable

Ok thanks. Currently trying 3333MHz, but I've upped to 14-15-15-31 so I'll see how that runs. There's nothing in my BIOS about this gear down or power down, so I'm not sure what that is.

board and chip will be factors, used both the Aorus 7, Hero x470 and B450 Aorus and was only able to hit 3400hz with the B450 and 3700+ with the flagship x470s. just the nature of design etc .

by the way. little fact for AMD users. Specially when AMD add AGESA updates ....

AMD do not state fully in their coding or disclose it to Board vendors , what happens is MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE etc copy and attach that code into their bios and thats it. they have no idea how much it will effect their own bios tweaks . Why you find some users who update a BIOS that has AGESA update and find their ram kits no longer work . Board vendors aren't able to retest hundreds of kits for each microcode updates along with other features . INTEL doesn't operate this way .

If upon next pending AGESA update by any chance you find your @8 Pack kit not working like it did or any other kits for that matter, mention on here or contact reps/ vendor forums as this will help them correct .

Is it necessary to update the BIOS? I thought you only needed to do that if you were putting in a new gen CPU and it doesn't currently support it. If it's working perfectly, why update?

Soldato

Ok thanks. Currently trying 3333MHz, but I've upped to 14-15-15-31 so I'll see how that runs. There's nothing in my BIOS about this gear down or power down, so I'm not sure what that is.

Is it necessary to update the BIOS? I thought you only needed to do that if you were putting in a new gen CPU and it doesn't currently support it. If it's working perfectly, why update?

True if working no need. AMD have been able to eeek out performance with their updates but not always wise to update etc

Soldato

If the system is stable and performance is where it should be, no need to update.

Soldato
Ok thanks.

3333MHz
14-15-15-15-31
1.37v

Memtest86 for over 4 hours no errors.

I tried 3333MHz
14-15-15-14-30
1.37v but got errors.

A thing I've noticed is that I can't change the SOC voltage, I have a Dynamic SOC voltage setting where it's atm on 'Auto', but there's 'Normal', and it goes into offset voltage but I can't remember what values they are. What settings should I be using?

Edit:

I tried 3466MHz at different voltages and more relaxed timings but couldn't get it stable. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time messing about with it so I'm going to leave it at 3333MHz 14-15-15-15-31.

I ran HCI Memtest for 400% allocating 100% RAM and no errors, so all good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello people,

I have the 3200 8 pack team dark pro ram, and an x470 gigabyte ultra gaming with a x2700
I bought originally a teamg roup 3200 vulcan kit and it refused to go above 2666 without boot looping, tried ram calculator and all sort of tweaks,
So i sold it and bought the 8 pack mentioned above, no i can get to 3000mhz at 14,14,14 38,72 or something, but no higher, i have to run at 1.4v or it crashes the whole system.
Again i used ram calculator on safe and fast settings and got instant and constant memory errors on testing so dialled back to 3000.

Can anyone offer advise, even or Mr @8 Pack ?
Do i just have to sit and wait for the next agesa for my bios? as theres no way i can buy a 3rd stick of ram to "hope" that it works as its supposed to.
Really jealous of people running at 3400 and 3600 on their systems on 3200 rated ram.....

Associate
4.2ghz @ 1.35v is brilliant and hitting temps of 70oC, id blatantly try and push that chip beyond 4.2ghz, you have loads of headroom there, mine does 4.2ghz at 1.36v, gets upto about 70oC too, I don't have much time during the week to mess with testing etc, but come the weekend, i'll ramp the voltage upto 1.4v and see if she gives me anything extra.

I have the ram kit running at 3400mhz, 14-15-15-31-1T, Gear down disabled, power down disabled, I just left everything else on Auto, just left memtestx64 running all night, 7 hours no errors, got up in the morning and ran Google stress test for 2 hours, way tougher than any version of memtest, no errors, I don't really overclock ram either unless its a dead easy one to shoot for and 3400mhz was dead easy to get.

I then ran Prime95 26.6 blend which a lot of people will tell you is a waste of time, but Small FFT's just loop over and over every 2 hours, and don't touch the ram, the size fits easily into the CPU cache, blend on the other hand does one pass of Small FFTs staring at 8K passes, then a Large for RAM, then a Small for CPU, then a Large for RAM, so on and so forth, the longer you run it the bigger the problem size gets, ran it for 8 and a half hours on Saturday afternoon into Saturday evening whilst I was out, came home and it was still going.

2 days to get my system overclocked and stable exactly how I want it on an MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC, finished off with 8 hours of Realbench overnight, when I had the ASUS CH7 I was fighting for a week just to get the ram stable and it wouldn't get my CPU to 4.2ghz even at 1.425v, nearly threw the damn thing out the window, I was pulling my hair out with it, ASUS never again.

Sounds all a bit too much for me.. i'll just stick to overclocking CPU's and GPU's.. RAM overclocking isnt my favourite pastime :) Anyway this 8 Pack 3200Mhz is running how it was intended @ 14-14-14-31 1T so im a happy man :p

I'll try a higher CPU overclock when i get a better cooler.. my next step with this system is probably a better GPU with more VRAM, only have 4GB on this RX 480.

@Illuminist Think i had to reset CMOS to get my 8 Pack RAM to run with A-XMP after switching RAM over, did you try that?https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/members/illuminist.196901/

Last edited:
Associate
I have my 8Pac 3200mhz running at 3600mhz @16-16-16-36 and it doesn't miss a beat. Anyone pushed them any higher?

i7 8700k @5ghz

Edit....Just watched the youtube video, gonna try 3866mhz CAS18-19-19-41

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
3200mhz can do c19-20-20 4k pretty easy around 1.45v on Intel platforms. But over 3600 c16 you only gain around 1% in most applications.

3866 c18 won't even be 1% gain. Work on cache OC instead for better efficiency and larger gains.

Associate
3200mhz can do c19-20-20 4k pretty easy around 1.45v on Intel platforms. But over 3600 c16 you only gain around 1% in most applications.

3866 c18 won't even be 1% gain. Work on cache OC instead for better efficiency and larger gains.

ok cheers dude i will stick with 3600mhz. Like i said it doesn't miss a beat and for such a small increase in performance its not worth it.

Associate
OK guys those running 4000mhz 8Pack dimms and Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z370 I have managed to assist them in fixing the Bios so XMP is running correctly at 4000mhz C19. See screen shot for testing.

Sadly you cant push passed 4000mhz with this Bios as a bug downclocks the divider to 3733mhz if you select 4133mhz. This is something I am working on now. But at least with this one clocking to 4000mhz is no issue with XMP c19 working perfectly.

Here is the link to download this Beta Bios I used / helped develop:
https://goo.gl/RSFz5N

It has been said on here not to buy 8Pack memory because of problems like this which are nothing at all to do with the memory just the MB vendor. I ask which other company is helping its customers in this way??? You can buy 8Pack memory in confidence I will help and follow up issues but it does take time to test all this stuff..... 3500+ Kits sold now and climbing!!!

Any chance you are working with them on doing this for the z390 boards?

As I said in my other thread, the z390 Aorus pro with WiFi won’t accept the XMP profile regardless of CPU clock or voltage. Also it’d be nice to have a list of boards esp for z390 that this mem has been tested with.

@GIGA-Man looping you in. In general, there seem to be a lot of ram issues on your boards as I research to find and find resolution. Here is the thread I made Incase your tech team would like to review. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/8pack-memory-wont-run-at-xmp-profile-specs.18833954/

Back
Top Bottom