The Current Humble Book Bundle... Any Good?

Soldato
The current Humble book bundle is a selection of guides on coding from No Starch Press. I'm a complete beginner, but Python and R would be very useful to me in the final year of my degree, so I'm tempted given the price. Just wondering if anyone has used their guides before, and would be able to offer an opinion on these books, or perhaps offer an alternative? Thanks!

Soldato
The current Humble book bundle is a selection of guides on coding from No Starch Press. I'm a complete beginner, but Python and R would be very useful to me in the final year of my degree, so I'm tempted given the price. Just wondering if anyone has used their guides before, and would be able to offer an opinion on these books, or perhaps offer an alternative? Thanks!

I don't have any experience with No Starch press but in general Humble book bundles are well worth the money. I tend to just buy them when they come out because I normally get $15 value out of it even if I only read 2 or 3 of the books.

Soldato
OP
I don't have any experience with No Starch press but in general Humble book bundles are well worth the money. I tend to just buy them when they come out because I normally get $15 value out of it even if I only read 2 or 3 of the books.

Yeah, they're cheap enough to take a punt on. Besides, had a look at some reviews for their stuff on the rain forest, and people seem happy enough with them!

Back
Top Bottom