The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
I'd love to give that a go with the Sigma 20/1.4, 2 more stop of light which will take it down to 12,800 and would look really clean on web size.

Except sadly the sigma 20mm is notoriously poor for astro shots. Otherwise I would have bought it. The 14mm is meant to be good. Same with the sigma 24mm f1.4. Terrible for astro work. That's why I'm looking forward to the sony 24mm F1.4

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Take a look at this guy's channel Clov!s - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu37IhZOWNoPDFdyk98rc4g I think it would be a good source for you. Very informative, and clear and concise with what he has to say - no waffling on.
I'm definitely going to make my way through the lot - even though some is a bit basic it's a great refresher.
That's awesome, thank you. :)

Very clear video and no ********. :)

Associate
New firmware out for the A7iii and A7rIII - hopefully fixes the playback instability issues I've been having occasionally (where the camera will just freeze up for around 30 seconds when trying to simply view stored images).

Caporegime
Nah none of those. They haven't even fixed the near-invisible focus point colour issue that just about everyone has complained about.

Sad panda. I at least thought they would have fixed that. Plus putting all those really useful features onto the menus rather than they only work if you assign a custom button to them.

Caporegime
Nice to see all focus modes now work with the sigma mc-11 and meta bones adaptor for those people using canon or Nikon glass.

It's strange that it is Sony who makes it all work, rather than updates from the adaptor makers. Does that mean Sony has either locked it out until now and saw the Canon/Nikon Adaptors works better so they thought they must do something to improve the ones on their mount even if it is made by a 3rd party?

Or it's just co-incidence.

Soldato
No they don't have stock and don't know when they are getting them back in, ordered from instashot-store, not heard of them before but seems to be the same sort of setup and they have a good rating on TrustPilot (plus credit card used). If they can't deliver by mid next week I'll just order from the UK with next day delivery.
Instashot-store were full of crap, showing stock numbers and taking orders for stock they don't have. Now cancelled and fingers crossed WEX will be delivering tomorrow.

Soldato
I've also been having issues with the tamron lens firmware that I think may be down to the mac as well. Will have to borrow the sisters windows machine to sort by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom