Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
I wonder how it will run on the original Playstation 4. I can afford the game but if it's 15 to 25 fps then I don't want to know. Aw man this is killing me, like I said I can afford the game but the Playstation 4 Pro is out of reach for quite a while.

i'm thinking it would play the exact same with scaled down settings.

like the xbox one x will be ultra. ps4 pro will be very high. ps4 will be high. xbox one will be medium.

maybe not that much of a drastic difference but tweaked settings to help them run smooth on weaker consoles.

Soldato
Once this is released, do you think things will pick up regarding the next GTA?

It’s hard to believe that GTA will miss out an entire generation of console!
This is a shame isn't it, but equally exciting. If they work with this level of detail then some on a next generation GTA, I can't even imagine the out come. Impressive to remember GTA 5 is a PS3/360 Game at its core

Soldato
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-permadeath/ Info about the world from Phil Hooker, quite in depth.

Wow, I hadn't even considered the threat from all the other animals. Sure, animals like bears and wolves are a given, but they're talking about alligators and cougars in the game as well. It obviously makes sense when you think about it, but you wouldn't necessarily expect them to have added other non-obvious animals in as well. It goes to show the level of atmosphere and detail that they're aiming for.

Soldato
What might be fun, is to kill a rabbit, deer etc and wait in a bush or behind an obstacle and wait and see what happens in real time.

Or.. unload shots like a lunatic and completely wipe out the area of animals as they scatter.

Soldato
Just had an email from Simply games regarding preorders. Looks like rockstar is rightfully taking steps to ensure people don't receive this one early. I remember this with GTA 5 too.

Payments being taken on tuesday/Wednesday and stock is arriving to them on Thursday. Posted by royal mail 1st class to arrive on launch day. They claim all retailers are doing this aswell

Soldato
Well it probably will. PS5 is coming out next year. They won't get GTA6 out the door now until 2021/2 maybe.

LOL - it really isn't you know.
PS5 2020 at the earliest with 2021 a real possibility.
However, unless GTA6 is heavy into development, still wouldn't be long enough.

Caporegime
Well here's your official installation data

Red Dead Redemption 2: Installation Requirements
Created October 18, 2018Updated October 18, 2018
Question: How much space will I need on my platform to install Red Dead Redemption 2?

Answer: The amount of space required to install Red Dead Redemption 2 depends on the platform you are using, and the method of installation:

Disc Installation:

• PS4 - 99 GB installation space
  • Xbox One - 107 GB installation space
Digital Installation:

• PS4 - 99 GB installation space with an additional 50GB for the installation process
  • Xbox One - 107 GB installation space
https://support.rockstargames.com/a...d-Dead-Redemption-2-Installation-Requirements

Back
Top Bottom