Need an app that's essentially a website container..

Soldato
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for services/firms that can publish an app which is essentially just a website container please? Or has anyone used something like https://www.appypie.com and what did you think?

We're doing this because our users are extremely time poor and inflexible, so the benefits of one-click loading through an app and multi-tasking are actually worth the investment for us.

Cheers

Soldato
I've never actually used any of these services, but I work for an app development company and I can tell you we get lots of business from people who have used these and realised how poor they are, and how much they hurt user experience.

I'd be cautious about how much this will actually help.

Soldato
OP
Cheers @Spunkey, do they come to you looking for straight website-app conversions? Or is that once they've realised their requirements aren't covered by such a basic conversion?

At the moment we have no more need than users having the ability to go to the app store, download the app, and that loads a specific website which they just interact with within the app. If getting users to bookmark and add websites to their home screens as app icons was slicker then we could potentially have gotten away with that.

Associate
This is pretty easy to achieve with a native iOS/Android app (it's basically just a WebView) or even easier with a framework like React Native. Feel free to send me a trust message if you're looking for someone to do this.

Soldato
OP
This is pretty easy to achieve with a native iOS/Android app (it's basically just a WebView) or even easier with a framework like React Native. Feel free to send me a trust message if you're looking for someone to do this.
Cheers iKettles, if we get stuck I may do.

At the moment I found a service called Thunkable, which appears to be meeting our very basic needs. It's just the publishing/auditing rigmarole to go through to get it on the stores now.

Back
Top Bottom